The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looping Video Backgrounds?
James Quillian

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2016 12:46 pm    

Does anyone know how to loop a short background video like the one below so that it covers 4 to 5 minutes.
It is best if it is seamless. It is easy enough to paste the video to the timeline over and over again but it is not seamless that way.
Or if not, is there a source where longer versions of these kinds of backgrounds can be downloaded?

I use both Power Director 8 and VSDC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EDa1Yo3mNs

Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2016 12:49 pm     Re: Looping Video Backgrounds?

James Quillian wrote:
Does anyone know how to loop a short background video like the one below so that it covers 4 to 5 minutes...Or if not, is there a source where longer versions of these kinds of backgrounds can be downloaded?

I played some with that today. Using Sony Vegas Pro, I put the 29 second downloaded source video clip on my timeline and clicked/dragged the end out to 5 minutes in length.

After I rendered it to .mp4, I tried to upload it to Photobucket and failed - it's almost half a gig. But watching it, I don't see any "seams" of any kind - just the same video, running 5 minutes instead of 29 seconds. I could just as easily stretch it as long as I wanted/needed, I suppose.

I have several still and animated backgrounds I sometimes use in my videos that I bought from Sony.

James Quillian

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2016 6:06 pm     Re: Looping Video Backgrounds?

Thanks Dave, I did find something that works. I run set the video to slow motion and that slows it down and stretches it out. 30 sec in the slowest motion stretches out to over 4 minutes. I make a file like that, then stretch it out even more and save it again. That works because the motion on most of those downloadable backgrounds is too fast anyway.

Dave Potter wrote:
James Quillian wrote:
Does anyone know how to loop a short background video like the one below so that it covers 4 to 5 minutes...Or if not, is there a source where longer versions of these kinds of backgrounds can be downloaded?

I played some with that today. Using Sony Vegas Pro, I put the 29 second downloaded source video clip on my timeline and clicked/dragged the end out to 5 minutes in length.

After I rendered it to .mp4, I tried to upload it to Photobucket and failed - it's almost half a gig. But watching it, I don't see any "seams" of any kind - just the same video, running 5 minutes instead of 29 seconds. I could just as easily stretch it as long as I wanted/needed, I suppose.

I have several still and animated backgrounds I sometimes use in my videos that I bought from Sony.