The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Peavey Session 115
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 9:13 am    

that's tempting, but i'd have to hitchhike!

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 5:57 pm    

We will GET Our JET TO PICK YOU UP Laughing

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 6:00 pm    

Well, there ya go Chris. Can't beat that.

Bruce Repka

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2016 7:29 am    

Session 115

Where is it made? Just curious.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2016 7:45 am    

Bruce,

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2016 10:29 am    

Barry Blackwood wrote:
The aluminum strips are back! Shocked

Winking

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Bruce Repka

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2016 12:00 pm    

ok, well I guess that was pretty obvious. Upon closer look, it appears the 115 is USA and the Nashville (as previously discussed here on the forum) is not.

Leroy Golden

Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2016 6:18 am     Nv 115

All I would like to know is "what took so long?" There are several good amps with similar specs on the market now, I think this amp will have to be exceptional to compete in the retail world...just my humble opinion!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2016 8:37 am    

Leroy, IMHO, how long it takes to design and prototype an item is immaterial. I am just glad that Hartley Peavey is still helping the steel guitar community.

Whether it is better than the boutique amps is something we will have to see. However, remember Peavey has been around since the mid 60's and I don't see them going anywhere.
Boutique amp manufacturers, just like steel guitar manufacturers, generally die off when the owner either can't build anymore for whatever reason.

I for one sincerely appreciate everything Hartley Peavey has done for the "very small" steel guitar world and will never forget it.

Once again, just my opinion.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2016 3:59 pm    

Bill Ferguson wrote:
The reason for the money mystery is that all the new products are not priced as of yet, so Peavey wants to introduce a new price list for everything.

I know what the price is for the sesson 115 but I'm not telling. Laughing
Bill, do you realize the Branson show is a week after Dallas. You should hang around.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2016 7:52 pm    

I know all about the 'boutique' amps but Peavey have a reputation for roadworthiness and dependability. That goes a long way in my book.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2016 5:25 am    

Bill D: Thanks for the offer but that is the opposite direction for me. I have to drive to Orlando when we leave Dallas.

Roger R: Right on

I know the price also, but to honor Peavey's request, the prices will be released publicly in Dallas.

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2016 6:51 am    

Has been the best bang for the buck for years! The customer service is second to none, IMHO. Peavey goes above and beyond to take care of the steel guitar community. Thanks Bill for sharing this and being the fiduciary and courier. Can't wait to see and hear it.

Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2016 11:58 am    

Along with good pricing to Roger. compared to others. Smile

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2016 7:28 pm    

i wish all the money could go to mike brown after that nasty portrayal of hartley on 'undercover boss'.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2016 8:53 am    

It is interesting with the "boutique" amps, they are all the rage for a while but it isn't long before they show up for sale, at a discounted prices, and the previous owners are on another search for the holy grail.
Amps may come and go but Peaveys go on forever.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2016 3:05 pm    

Looks like I am going to have to save up some money. Five pounds lighter than the NV112. Hmmmmmmmm! Sounds good to me.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2016 3:16 pm    

Erv Niehaus wrote:
It is interesting with the "boutique" amps, they are all the rage for a while but it isn't long before they show up for sale, at a discounted prices, and the previous owners are on another search for the holy grail.

I haven't seen any Telonics amps for sale second hand. I wonder why? Or are they not considered to be boutique?Rolling Eyes

When Webb amps rarely come up for sale they are snapped up almost immediately. Same goes for Tim Marcus's amps and Ken Fox's. All hold their prices extremely well.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Last edited by Ken Byng on 13 Mar 2016 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2016 2:43 am    

Erv Niehaus wrote:

There may be a different reason for that: those that are shopping around in the boutique amp class, maybe have the money to do so, and can afford to try out different amps. If budget is limited one would maybe buy a Peavey and look no further?

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2016 3:22 pm     peavey session 115

Anything new to report? Availability and price??
This amp seems a perfect fit for my needs.
Smile Smile Smile

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2016 11:27 pm    

Sad to say the 115 amp that was brought to the show had problems and we never got a chance to really hear it. I went back to the Peavey Room several times and it was never working properly.

If it did work at some time, I am not sure.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2016 3:31 am    

Too many issues from what we hear Mark. Perhaps they should have waited before unveiling it. It is a real pity, but the amp's reputation now has question marks against it which is unfair. There were lots of Peavey fans wanting it to be successful, so maybe Peavey itself would have been better to wait until they knew that any bugs or glitches were ironed out first before releasing it for demo at a steel show.

Doesn't look as though it is going to make it to the UK at any rate. At least we know the recommended retail price now. Sad
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2016 4:39 am    

The "list" price that I saw, on another post, puts it in the "Boutique" area. Even discounted it is high. Too bad, Peavey previously priced their equipment in the "for the average musician" range.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2016 6:00 am    

Jack Stoner wrote:
The "list" price that I saw, on another post, puts it in the "Boutique" area. Even discounted it is high. Too bad, Peavey previously priced their equipment in the "for the average musician" range.

Yup - and those other so-called boutique amps work, and work well. The back line of Telonics combos at this year's show for instance made for the best and most fullest sound for years in my view.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2016 8:04 am    

I think that its pretty obvious that Peavey was rushing this thing to get it to the show...Might not have been a good move????....I heard a few people TRYING to play through it....1699.00 for a Peavey??>....Seems high to me..I was hoping that they would have hit a homer with it...After spending a few hours with Pat Quilter this weekend, Id still lean toward the SteelAire....
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!