The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Kline May Be Available
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2016 10:17 am    

I have just acquired another S12 Kline,,,(as everyone knows,,I'm Kline inclined,,LOL),,so,,,I may have to thin the herd a little. If anyone might be interested please email or PM me to discuss.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=289543&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=kline+restoration&start=0

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 13 Feb 2016 10:58 am    

Where are the Kline people,,,? This guitar may have a set up to one's own copedent by the man himself. Then it is trouble free forever,,,LOL

Craig Baker

Eatonton, Georgia, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2016 11:29 am    

They're in Florida Sonny. I speak with Joe and Opal now and then. They're doing well, and remain two of the nicest folks around.

Craig

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2016 12:44 pm    

You can't go wrong with a Kline. And as mentioned in the thread linked to above, I didn't find it tat hard to change things around. I had to switch my 3rd string changer finger that the hook broke off of, with the 9th string finger which had to raise pulls so I could exchange them.

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 13 Feb 2016 3:01 pm    

Yes Craig,,,I communicate with Joe fairly regularly,,,he has helped me tremendously on this guitar.
I meant where are the people looking for Klines,,,usually 2-3 people looking. This time last year I was looking again,,,now I'm willing to sell one,,,like Bob Wills (Tommy Duncan)says,,,time changes everything,,,,oh well,,,maybe tomorrow.

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 15 Feb 2016 8:02 am    

I've had 6-8 responses and inquiries (VERY much appreciated!!!),regarding the possible availability of the Kline that I rebuilt. Rather than provide details to all the individual responders I will post here. There are a couple of "boo-boos" that I need to correct on this guitars and, as those who followed my rebuild post, due to the excessive amount of finish that was removed, I had to make a minor modification to the body. I don't have time to work on it right now, hopefully within the next month I will have it in a "ready to make a new owner happy" condition. When that time comes I will post pics and price in the "For Sale" section and link to it here. If anyone wants to discuss further please email me. Thanks to all for the interest.

Mean time, see my post in this section regarding the "historic" Kline I've acquired.