The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1979 Emmons S 10 p/p
Walter Bowden

Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2016 8:10 pm    

This is a 1979 Emmons S 10 P/P 3X3 E9 with standard Emmons setup. E lowers/raises are on the LKR and LKL. It has gloss rosewood mica and white line fretboard. The single coil Emmons pickup is original to the guitar. The original Kluson tulip tuners were changed out for Gotoh butterbean tuners but I will include the Klusons to the buyer. Everything else is original and no mods or holes.
It is in very good condition and the only issue is the tone rolloff pot needs replacing. However, if you don’t use the rolloff, the steel plays fine and has the push pull “tone to the bone” sound. There are also some superficial scratches on the back of the tuning head endplate (see photo) but they could probably be light sanded/buffed out. Looks like a mic stand may have caused them but they have no affect on the playability or sound of this steel and are only visible from the back side.
The changer was tuned and p/p mechanics serviced by Billy Knowles and this is a solid player, stays in tune and a great sounding steel.
It is a true single neck Emmons S 10 p/p and these guitars are becoming more desirable for working players and “they ain’t makin’ no more of them”.
I have modified the case to be a “roller” and had a carpenter build a easy carry, balanced and lightweight but strong box for the legs and pedal bar to make a “split case” for ease on your back.
I am not interested in trades and would prefer a local pickup but am willing to drive a “reasonable” distance to meet the buyer. If shipping is required, I will arrange to have someone who has shipped steels to locations across the USA and even to Europe to have it packed right.
I am asking $2500 for this guitar and cases and will throw in the Emmons fixed pin volume pedal for that price and shipping in the lower 48. Please PM/email me or reply to this posting if you have any questions and please look at the pictures I posted.
Best wishes, Walter

Walter Bowden

Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2016 3:14 pm    

This guitar has been sold and donation is forthcoming.

The moderator can close this and thanks for looking y'all.

Best wishes, Walter

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2016 7:27 pm     Another Nice One......

Aw Shucks. Another nice one gone.