The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender deluxe s8 lap steel $750 plse CLOSE SOLD
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2016 7:33 pm    

I have a fender deluxe 8 string guitar from the 50s that is in excellent condition and the ohsc also in ec. The steel is in oklahoma, and i am still in arizona for a few more days but i can take more pics next week. I was asking $850 for it, but lowered it to $750 with buyer to pay shipping amd pay pal fees.

I am back in Oklahoma now and took some more pics.
I am not the best picture taker around and in all honesty I think this steel looks better in person than these pics show. the one picture of the inside of the case looks like a burned area or something, but it isnt, just that area of the "fuzz" is darker.
This steel sounds great ! Please feel free to ask questions or request more pics.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 27 Jan 2016 5:42 pm; edited 6 times in total

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2016 7:48 am    

I just want to add that there is nothing wrong with this steel....the pickup sounds strong and the volume and tone controls have no scratchy sound and work well...i believe it to be a 1954 model. I am selling it because when i play non pedal i have a fender stringmaster triple neck that i love to play, and i dont play this one as much as i thought i would...and i thought i would get back into some banjo playing again...i do a lot of nursing homes and those folks love a banjo too
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2016 7:37 am    

I forgot to mention that this steel does not have legs nor sockets for legs...it was not built that way. Have had some interest and will post more pics early next week...monday or tuesday at the latest. It is in really great shape with a small chip in the front which i will show in the pics. Thanks for the interest.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2016 7:30 pm    

Price drop to $750.
Thanks for looking.

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2016 7:06 am    

Larry, I'll take it so long as you will ship via USPS Priority mail. I'll send a PM with details.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2016 5:43 pm    

Please close, sold, donation to follow.
Thanks