The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIPOFF WARNING(laptops)
Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2016 10:36 am    

in case your shopping for a laptop, stay far away from these guys: Computerrefurb.com. After pulling the trigger on one of their supposedly refurbed "good deals" on a dell LT, I discovered alarming reports about this company on "RipoffReport", "Consumer Fraud Report" and so on. I quickly cancelled the order by phone AND by email an hour after online purchase which was accepted. They shipped out two days later anyway (and no reimbursement of paypal account of coarse). When notified of ship out, I notify them of their mistake-they apologize and promise to recall item back to warehouse and reimburse me within the hour.- The item is delivered to me two days later --still no reimbursement.-- Another apology and I return ship with tracking # to them. Still no refund and NO communication or response from higher management. The word is from reviews is they re-market used stuff with no "refurb" parts at all. Sometimes the wrong model, or nothing at all. They charge "cancellation fees","restock fees" and "ship return fees" to boot.

Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2016 8:12 am    

If the situation is still unresolved, I think PayPal is pretty aggressive about this sort of thing. If you've contacted a vendor and they refuse to respond appropriately, you can "elevate the dispute to a claim" with PayPal and they'll step in to get it resolved. I'd be all over that.

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2016 8:52 am    

Dave Potter wrote:
If the situation is still unresolved, I think PayPal is pretty aggressive about this sort of thing. If you've contacted a vendor and they refuse to respond appropriately, you can "elevate the dispute to a claim" with PayPal and they'll step in to get it resolved. I'd be all over that.

Did just that yesterday. First time I've needed to do that and it was very easy and quick. Paypal is a wonderful thing.

Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2016 3:26 pm    

Steven Welborn wrote:
Did just that yesterday. First time I've needed to do that and it was very easy and quick. Paypal is a wonderful thing.

I agree, and I use them every time I can. I even pay for Home Depot stuff with it. I like the fact that it allows me to avoid exposing my credit card info to misuse, which happens all to often these days, and has to me several times.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2016 7:13 am    

I sell quite a bit of tablature over seas and I would be lost without PayPal to convert the currency.