The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Flash Player nightmare continued!!!
Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 23 Dec 2015 5:08 am    

I have vista with fire fox on this PC and now flash player is blocked and it won't updade and there seems to be no solution.
You go online for help and all you get is virus, Malware and BS.
Flash Player has caused me endless problems for over a year now.
you would think fire fox would give a crap and fix this, but they would rather have you try it on your own manually and when you get through all the BS remedies that don't work your PC is sick and hopelessly screwed up!

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 23 Dec 2015 5:47 am    

Well I used the same trick that helped me get rid of a program that wouldn't uninstall.
I do everything offline until it fails because I was unplugged form the net.
I just plug the cable back in and click retry and it connects to the net and installs or uninstalls.
Now all I have to do is go back in the PC jungle and fix all the other crap I changed trying to do the BS remedies listed on line.
I hate @#$#%$&^*&^#$%^ flash player!!!!!!
I don't care what anyone says it's Malware!!!

Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2015 6:27 am    

My, that's a lot of angst in one place - you must feel better now. Winking No, Adobe Flash isn't malware - it's a legitimate Adobe product. However, your observations about web sites that purport to want to "help" with PC issues, and then either spam you for money to "fix" issues they claim to find, or worse, infect your PC with malware, are correct. It pays to exercise extreme caution.

If your Flash install/uninstall didn't succeed, you may want to use the steps detailed at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html to uninstall it, assuming you have not already done so, and either re-try installing it, or leave it off your PC altogether, given that Flash is being phased out in favor of HTML5. This is an official Adobe web page, not one of the aforementioned scam websites.

As an aside, if my PC had some of the issues you allude to, the first thing I'd be doing would be to buy a decent application designed to find and fix such things (such as CCleaner or jv16 Power Tools). I would NOT go looking for something "free"; you do get what you pay for (and you don't get much, if you don't).