The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gulfport Deep South Steel Guitar Show
Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2015 7:32 am    

bill, martha and i had a great time , we enjoyed every minute of it. was also very nice to see miss betty doing so good. i appreciate everyone letting me play fiddle with them,(i have not played that much fiddle in the last three years). as old hank always said "if the good lord is willing and the creeks don't rise we will see you next year"....thanks jack and martha

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2015 8:36 am    

Many Thanks Mr. Bill i really enjoyed the show had a great time got meet some new friends and some old friends great show from all ...TOMMY

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2015 5:12 pm    

bill stafford and bill ferguson and roy rosetta and all the players;
my thanks to you guy's for letting me have a front row seat to such a great steel guitar show. i hope everyone made it back home o.k. and much success for the upcoming shows until we all meet-up again next november in gulfport at the deep south steel guitar show of show's.
bill ferguson for having the best p.a.set-up for this kind of show.
absolutely perfect....well handled, on top of everything else he had going on.
roy rosetta.....enuff can never be said
to do this kind of show, you gotta have roy rosetta....

country jack....

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2015 5:34 am    

What a show!
It was great to hear the real sound of steel guitar.

I really enjoyed seeing a bunch of my old friends and am grateful to Bill Stafford for allowing me to be a part of this show.

And thanks Tommy for allowing me to play bass on part of the show. Plus I am glad you enjoyed using my bass and my new Peavey MAX 112 amp. It is a killer.

Looking forward to next year.

Now some of you folks need to attend our Georgia Steel Guitar shows in Feb., June and Nov.

See you down the road
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Winston Street

Laurel, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2015 8:28 am    

Bill,the Davis County Band had a ball and really enjoyed having the honor of playing for all the great players and entertainers that were down there Saturday evening. We were all pretty worn out by the time we got there, having played a show at the Temple Theater in Meridian at Friday Night Live, got up Saturday and opened for Joe Diffie then came straight to Gulfport and played. Only got to hear a little of Jim Vest but he is just great!!! Didn't know about all his problems over the past years until I talked with him a little while. I met Jim about 35 years ago at the Hall Of Fame Motor Inn in Nashville and he showed me his tuning for "Set'em Up Joe". Jim is a really good and down to earth person, I really do like him.
Got to talk to my buddy Jack Goodsen for the first time in 3 years. Got to see Billy Carr, Stevie Sanford, Bob Saxton and a lot of others of the steel guitar family that attends the Deep South Steel Guitar Convention, and believe me, all of them are like family to one another. Looking forward to having Country Jack Harper back to do a show at Friday Night Live at the Temple Theater in Meridian. For any others that want to come, its on the first Friday night of the month, and your all darn sure welcome. Maybe some of you can come up and do a show.
What we were able to see and hear after we got there was a lot of great picking and singing.
Ain't it great to see Buck Grantham as healthy as he is and still tearing it up at his age. He is amazing.
And the same goes for Bob Saxton.
Gene Breaden with Billie Carr on steel did a great show too.
We just had a good time in general seeing everyone, listening and talking to everyone.
I hope we can come back again sometimes.

Thanks Bill for the job you do in hosting such great shows like you do. I can only imagine the hours you spend putting together a show like that but believe me, I know it is really appreciated by everyone.
Winston Street
Street D10 Left Handed 10 pedals 5KL
Peavey E208 Amp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Goodrich LDR2 Volume Pedal

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2015 9:24 am    

We had a great time in Gulfport this past weekend. What a great show and thanks to Bill Stafford for all the work he does to make this a great show for all that come to see it and those of us that participate.
Looking forward to next year Very Happy Very Happy
...Roy and Barbara

J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2015 3:01 pm     Show

Had a good time and got to make some new friends and it was good in general. Hope to see everyone at the next show.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2015 11:45 pm     DSSGA show

Everyone was first class and ready to play. WS, make sure Davis County keeps the girls out front. It's worth any price just to see them on stage! And yes, Bill did an excellent job, as usual, putting everything together. It takes time to put a show together and keep everything going. Lots of fun in Gulfport, just relax, visit and pick in a relaxed situation where we're all having fun. I'm lookin' forward to playing in Georgia next November with Bill Ferguson and all the guys over there. More later. Thanks!

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2015 5:50 pm    

Bill

Had such a great time in Gulfport. I always have such a great time there seeing friends. Once a year visit with Jim Lindsey is always great.

Bill Ferguson, Roger Crawford, Roy Rosetta and Lavon Chappell and Jack Goodson, .....always great to see those guys.

Hope to see you in Dallas.

Charley

Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2015 6:30 pm    

Hello Charley, have not heard from you in a while, hope you and the doggie is doing well, I'm really going to try very hard to make the show in Gulfport next year, these weekend gigs are getting to me. Hope you doing well, take care my friend, Shorty

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2015 1:44 pm     Gulfport Deep South Steel Show

I just do not have the words, maybe they have not yet been invented, to properly thank every one of you, first for your treasured friendship, then your talent and not last of all, bringing your presence and talent to share with all of us here in Gulfport, Mississippi. "Last of all" counts the most too, because that allows all of us to really appreciate all the friendship and greatest of talents in our steel guitar world.
Roy Rosetta just gave me the dates for our next show this coming year-NOVEMBER 4 and 5. Start your thinking engine and be in touch. Thanks again to everyone.