The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2 Nashville 400's
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 3:16 pm    

Hello friends. A friend of mine is fixing to give me a 400 Nashville... I presently play through a Fox modded Nashville 400... My question is years ago I used 2 Nashville's and I cant remember if I set one hotter than the other or if I set my settings on each amp the same. Please keep this thread to the topic. No discussions about purchasing a GD Walker Stereo Steel etc. I WILL NOT HAVE ANY OTHER AMP THAN A 400 NASHVILLE as this is my all time favorite rig... Slim

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 3:55 pm    

i would experiment with the settings and see what you like best. i like nashville 400s. one is plenty adequate for me. i certainly wouldn't want to haul two around myself.

Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 3:57 pm    

chris ivey wrote:
i would experiment with the settings and see what you like best. i like nashville 400s. one is plenty adequate for me. i certainly wouldn't want to haul two around myself.
Thanks Chris I understand about one but right now I am as strong as an Ox so 2 won't be a problem but after I am 50? We will see Laughing Laughing Laughing

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 6:22 pm    

I used two NV400's for a little bit. I settled on the same settings on each, and spread them out about six feet. But, one had the fox mod and the other didn't, so there was a slight difference in the sound between them. I finally realized that using two of them didn't benefit me, so I sold the un-modded one. Now, if you are using stereo effects, you will benefit from two amps. But even then, only you and maybe others on stage will hear the stereo effect. The two will mix together at some point.