The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  North Carolina Steel Jam April 30TH
Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 11:43 am    

Hey Sam & guys,

Do you have room for me? If so I would love to play and see everyone... please let me know and I will make Plans

Best wishes... Jerry

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 12:06 pm     Yes hub

Yes if I have to give you my spot. Come on down brother, you are always welcome.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 1:07 pm    

Allen no one has to give up there spot I will be the first one to do that if we have to. But we have 12 Steel players and I think that is going to be enough. B.J. has a gig Jimmy Underwood has a gig and Tony Prior May be late as he has a early afternoon GIG.We will be OK there is room.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 5:27 pm    

Hey guys!,

I am looking forward to seeing every one! Sam thanks for organizing this! Sounds like its going to be a great turn out!

Good friends & Steel Guitar = Total Enjoyment!!

Best wishes to all, See you the 30th!

Jerry

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2016 3:17 pm    

Samuel E. White wrote:
Tony Prior May be late as he has a early afternoon GIG.

Yes my gig is indeed confirmed at 2pm for a couple of hours...but

I live 3.5 hrs from the jam so sadly I will miss this one.

See you all on the next outing.

t

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2016 2:07 pm    

Getting close Bump her up.
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Rick Worley

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2016 5:25 pm    

This message is for Sid Hudson, I would like for you to bring your strings that you have for sale and I will have a table setup for you. Also I would like for you to bring your electric guitar along with your steel guitar to play on Saturday. I attended your steel guitar show that you had in Virginia in which was very nice and enjoyed. I heard from Chuck Campbell who said that you would be coming with him to North Carolina. Looking forward to the steel show coming up in which I'm co-hosting with Samuel White. Any questions call me at (919) 915-1831 an I hope to see you!

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2016 5:46 pm    

Rick I won't be coming. I am taking some very strong drugs for pancreatic cancer and all of my fingernails are beginning to fall off.I wouldn't be able to put metal finger picks on to play steel and I play guitar with my fingernails so that won't work.

it could be that my music days are over.

Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2016 6:38 am     Sorry!

Sid,
So sorry to hear that! We will all keep you in our prayers and hope these things will only get better soon! You will be missed playing Saturday for sure!!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2016 11:24 am    

Hi Sid I'm so sorry to hear about your Problem.Our Daughter has Had Cancer now for the fourth time She had Brest Cancer like my Wife Anna and she has had Thyroid Cancer and Para Thyroid cancer and now the Kidney cancer and keeps getting Kidney stones. Our other daughter has Lupus and our Son just got out of the nursing home where they messed him all up 5 years ago with a back operation. He now can not walk at 51 years old from the Back Surgery.Sid Anna and I have you in our prayers and hope for a great recovery. I will never for get you you are a good friend.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2016 11:24 am    

Hi Sid I'm so sorry to hear about your Problem.Our Daughter has Had Cancer now for the fourth time She had Brest Cancer like my Wife Anna and she has had Thyroid Cancer and Para Thyroid cancer and now Kidney cancer and keeps getting Kidney stones. Our other daughter has Lupus and our Son just got out of the nursing home where they messed him all up 5 years ago with a back operation. He now can not walk at 51 years old from the Back Surgery.Sid Anna and I have you in our prayers and hope for a great recovery. I will never for get you you are a good friend.
Sam White

Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2016 11:47 am     directions

Sam, had a call or two asking for a phone # to help with directions, Sorry I want be there due to medical reasons and I think Glen Lanning will be out of town.
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2016 4:14 pm    

Sam,

Wish I could be there, but I've got other obligations. If you're within driving distance, this will be well worth your time. Sam is a class act and he knows how to put a show together in a way that everyone will have a great time.

RC

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2016 5:27 pm    

Hi Rick Cambpell thanks for the great support. I wish you were able to make it we are going to have a great time. Rick Worley has decarated Ricks Giddy Up with red white a nd blue baloon's and built two plat forms for the Steel players to play on.Everyone will be playing with Ricks Band.Shure nice to hear from you Rick.Keep in touch we may be doing it more often we will see how it works out.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2016 5:27 pm    

Hi Rick Cambpell thanks for the great support. I wish you were able to make it we are going to have a great time. Rick Worley has decarated Ricks Giddy Up with red white a nd blue baloon's and built two plat forms for the Steel players to play on.Everyone will be playing with Ricks Band.Shure nice to hear from you Rick.Keep in touch we may be doing it more often we will see how it works out.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2016 5:33 pm     Rick's Giddy Up

Hi Everyone one day after tomorrow and it will be Steel Guitar Show time here in North Carolina.Rick has a Catering truck going to be there and pick nick tables out side the back door for you the eat on.if this all works out we will do it again.See you all the day after tomorrow Saturday at around 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Sam White

Rick Worley

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2016 6:44 pm    

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR SID HUDSON. I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DON'T FEEL GOOD THESE DAYS BUT I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS. I THINK WE ALL HAVE A LOVE FOR MUSIC AND THE REASON WHY WE ALL ENJOYED PLAYING. I KNOW THAT YOU ALWAYS IMPRESSED ME WITH YOUR OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES BUT YOU HAVE SHARED YOUR TALENT WITH SO MANY PEOPLE THAT WILL NEVER FORGET ALL THE INSPIRATION THAT YOU HAVE SHARED WITH OTHERS. I HOPE EVERYTHING WILL GO WELL FOR YOU AND I WILL BE BACK IN TOUCH TO SEE HOW YOU ARE DOING. YOU WILL BE MISSED SATURDAY.

Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2016 6:07 am    

Hey guys,

I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Sid keep the faith and best wishes for a complete recovery I believe in the power of prayer... know that you are in our hearts and prayers daily.... Godspeed my friend..

Jerry

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2016 6:48 am     My buddy

Jerry, looking forward to seeing you and hearing that sweet steel guitar music. Drive safe my friend.