The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  North Carolina Steel Jam April 30TH
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2015 5:17 pm    

The North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam has changed and will be at Rick Worley,s Giddy Up at 219 Avenue Street Smithfield N.C. 27577. The date will be April 30TH..I have seen pictures of this hall and it is a real nice clean hall with a nice wooden dance floor and a place where you can sit to eat.I will know more when I get to go over to Rick's place some time next week. I will call him and have him meet me so Anna can write down the direction's from I-95.I have been there and it is a nice place and it is not as big as I thought but we will make it work.His wife does the cooking and the band is Ricks band and it is free.Hamberger's and Hot dogs Cookies and cake.Coffee,soda and water.There will be a 50/50 and rick does not want the money but he will get it. I'm doing it free. If you want to donate it is up to you.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 15 Feb 2016 6:34 am; edited 19 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2015 5:54 am    

Rick's wife will be doing the Cooking.There is room for only about 15 Steel players. I have not seen it yet as soon as I do I will be able to see how many steel players we will be able to set up. He told me there is room to set up 15 Steel players and his band will be the band. There will be no Tracks at this Steel Guitar Jam.We are going to have a live band and you pick the songs you want them to play for you.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 17 Jan 2016 6:36 am; edited 10 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 5:18 pm    

up

Last edited by Sam White on 11 Dec 2015 5:20 am; edited 6 times in total

Hugh Briley

Apex, North Carolina
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 7:01 pm     Steel Guitar Jam

Sounds great. I will try to attend..

Hugh Briley
Walker Seat
dhb Custom Split Cases
dhb Custom SD-10 Case

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 7:49 pm     Jam

I plan on being there.

Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2015 6:31 am     Jam

I'm planning on being there as well ! If (Dark Horse) the band I play with does not have a gig the same day!

Last edited by Johnny Howington on 29 Feb 2016 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 4:48 am    

Players that will be comming to the New North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam.
Confirmed ************
1 Allen Howington N.C.*
2 Johnny Howington N.C.*
3 Ray Thomas N.C.*
4 Chuck Campbell VA.*
5 Jimmy Monds N.C.*
6 Billy Knowels N.C.*
7 David Nugent VA.*
8 Sid Hudson VA.*
9 Bj Billy Barbou N.C.*
10 Gerry Fleming VA *
11 Billy Carr Mississippi.
12 Brian Ajcock N.C.*
13 Rick Worley N.C*
14 Sam White N.C.*

This is going to be a great Steel Guitar Jam.This is close to the 25 I use to have in Rhode Island at the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association back in 1997.We will start off with each player playing 3 songs and then we will start over and play 2 songs each and if we still have time we can all just jam and take turns on the same song.
I do not think we should do tracks at this Steel Guitar Jam as it will take to much time and we all want to play with the band.
Sam White

Last edited by Sam White on 25 Apr 2016 1:35 pm; edited 67 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2015 2:28 pm    

()

Last edited by Sam White on 31 Mar 2016 5:13 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2015 3:50 pm    

I haven't spoken to anyone about playing

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2015 4:48 am    

Hi Sid You are invited to play by Me as Anna and I are running this Steel Guitar Jam. You will always be welcome and bring some Strings to sell.Bring any thing you wish to sell.If this works out I will be running more of them more often.I know you are busy playing all the Steel Shows. I always went to the one in Norwalk CT. for years.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2015 4:51 pm    

Directions to Rick Worley's Coming South on I-95 take Exit 93 Brogden Rd.at the end of the Exit take a right onto Brogden Rd.and you will go about 8 miles to Avenue Rd.on your right.Keep in mind that there are three Churches on your right and Avenue Rd. is the first right after the third Church.Rick Place is about the third home on your left #219 with a sign Rick's Giddy Up sets back in from the Road.

Coming North on I-95 take Exit 93 Brogden RD. and take a right onto Brogden Rd.Follow about 8 miles and keep in mind there are 3 churches on your right as you are driving the 8 miles. Avenue Rd is the first right after the third Church.Rick Place is about the third home on your left #219 with a sign Rick's Giddy Up.

Last edited by Sam White on 25 Apr 2016 2:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2015 5:07 pm     PSG show in NC

I'll come visit and play, as representing Mississippi at your show in Oct. 2016, if you'll let me. I'm lining up steel shows to visit/play at for 2016. Thanks.

Ben Godard

Jamesville NC
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2015 9:07 pm    

When is this event?

I may come.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2015 5:31 am    

Billy it sounds good to me. You are welcome to come and i will make room for you to play.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2015 5:52 am    

Ben It will be either the Second or third Saturday in April as i have to make sure there is no other Bands playing in the near by area. I will post it when I find out who is playing and who is not. There is one that I have to check with and I will Post it.I'm over here in Willow Spring off Route 42 going to Fuquay Varina
Sam White

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2015 1:34 am    

this thread is for a NC/ SG event in April of 2016 ? did I read that correctly ?

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2015 1:04 pm    

This Steel Guitar Jam is not a Organization just a bunch of us getting together and having a Jam and a lot of fun.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2015 5:47 am    

up to the top

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2015 5:26 am    

I will be going to check out Rick Morley's place for our Steel Guitar Jam either after the holidays we have plenty of time.Remember we will be playing with Ricks band no tracks. We will see how it works out.It is real nice of Rick and his wife to help us to do this. Rick loves and plays the Steel Guitar also.
Sam White

Last edited by Sam White on 15 Jan 2016 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Bryant Aycock

Pikeville, North Carolina
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2016 6:23 am     me

I think the Brian Adcock on the list is actually me, Bryant Aycock. I plan to be there if my playing schedule will allow. I'll also have some Walker Seats there!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2016 6:17 pm    

()

Last edited by Sam White on 17 Jan 2016 6:30 am; edited 5 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2016 6:26 am     Re: Directions

HI guys I have the Directions to the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam.They are as follows.

Coming North on I-95 you take Exit 93 at the end of the Exit take a right Brodgen RD. follow it for 8 Miles and you will see a big Church on your right in back of a house take the next right and you will see Avenue RD.It is 219 Avenue RD.If you have a problem ask some one where RICK'S GIDDY UP is.

Coming South on I-95 you take Exit 93 go right at end of Ramp under I-95 that is Brodgen RD. follow it for 8 Miles and look for a Big Church on your right and take the first Street after the Church on your right and you will see Avenue RD.It is 219 Avenue RD
If you have a problem ask some one where
RICK'S Giddy Up is.
Sam White

Ben Godard

Jamesville NC
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2016 1:09 pm    

Any ideas of a date set yet?

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2016 6:11 am    

OK we are two months away from the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam.I seen Rick Worley last night and he said he will have all fresh Hamburger's for the the Steel Guitar Jam and Hot Dogs cake and snacks. You will not have to leave to go to a restaurant as there will be food there as Ricks wife does the cooking in her kitchen right in the Hall.Any one that is not going to be able to make it let me know as I have 20 Players that say they will be there but some may have a Gig to play.I do not have to play but if there is room and time I will be playing my Dynalap Lap Steel as I do not have a Steel Guitar right now and not until June or July.Have bills to pay up before I can afford another Steel Guitar.It's hard to get older and have to live on Social Security it just doesn't work out all the time.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2016 5:36 pm    

Getting closer 24 more days till blast off.
Sam White

Last edited by Sam White on 6 Apr 2016 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total