The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville Pro Steel Guitar Resource
Doug Childress

Orange, Texas
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2015 9:59 am    

https://www.nashvilleprosteel.com/login.cfm Check out the Nashville Pro Steel website. Great instruction from the best pro session players such as Mike Johnson, Russ Pahl, Gary Morse, Mike Daly, Steve Hinson, and more. They feature great tips on their effects, techniques, and methods.

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2015 2:05 pm     Pro business

Very Happy

Last edited by Clark Doughty on 15 Aug 2015 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2015 7:48 pm    

I love it. I subscribe from the start. There's something to learn from every player .

Tony

Mark LeBlanc

Post  Posted 14 Aug 2015 8:53 pm     Re: Pro business

Clark Doughty wrote:
Should be real good for $20 bucks a month....... Smile

In response to your sarcastic little dig regarding the subscription cost...

Total up your traveling cost to Nashville from wherever you live and back, round trip.

Now, add up your hotel cost, transportation, food, etc.

Contact all the PROS that are on NPS and ask them to teach you how they play and record steel guitar.

After that, book a recording studio and pay the PROS their session fee. Don't forget to hire an engineer and everything else that goes along with a session.

What about filming? Can you or will you hire someone? Have the camera gear? That costs money just like everything else. Now, take the time to edit, render, and upload the vids. Website costs? Oh crap, that costs money, too! Hosting fees? SSL fees? Webmaster fees? Where does it end? Twenty bucks a month looks pretty good now doesn't it?

Do the above every month.

Get the picture? $20 a month is a pretty good deal for what you get.

Nothing like this has ever been done for pedal steel guitar until NPS came around. Everyone of the PROS at NPS has said the same thing, "I wish this was around when I was starting out learning the psg."

NPS provides info that is practically unavailable to 99% of the psg community for only .67 cents a day. Some want to learn and some would rather not, this is the bottom line.

Thanks to Doug and Tony for the kind words and that goes for all the NPS subscribers that are taking their playing and understanding of MUSIC to another level. A new round of vids will be uploaded today/tomorrow, fyi.

Thanks for listening to the rant.

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2015 1:23 pm     Pro Site

Oops! Sorry didn't mean to offend you Mark. I guess what turned me off initially was when I went to the site that Doug has on this post the first thing I see after registering was a request for $19.95. I didn't notice the Nashville Pro Steel Website which explains a little more about the service.
Also your explanation of what it offers is much more detailed and sounds very interesting and probably a great deal for $19.95 a month.
Mike Johnson is my all time favorite player and if he's got anything to do with it, it has to be good.
So I apologize for my uninformed remark.....clark
BTW I sent you a PM saying much the same thing I said above... Smile

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2015 4:29 pm    

boy, if you can't take a little dig like that you're going to be an unhappy person.
i'm sure it's worth it, but 20 bucks a month is a good little chunk unless you're really serious about
hitting the learning thing hard. i don't think he meant it as drastically as you reacted.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2015 6:22 pm    

chris ivey wrote:
boy, if you can't take a little dig like that you're going to be an unhappy person.

LOL

Charlie Thompson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2015 4:28 am     Nashville Pro Steel Site

I just signed up. I thinks this is awesome. Its a deal when compared to buying a couple of instructional DVDs. The video quality is outstanding.

When I visit Nashville I can't get enough of seeing players and talking to them..I've never had the opportunity go to see any of these great players in a session and see how they work.

Great job Mark. I am interested in knowing how often this is updated.

Mike Daly

Tennessee
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2015 8:23 am    

Mark is providing a valuable learning site for any aspiring steel player who is interested in the current stylings and techniques pertaining to the instrument. His defense of the price is accurate. Any player who would take the time to make a trip to Nashville, spend a week and visit all these players individually and spend an afternoon taking a lesson, would spend a whole lot more than $20 x many months of this subscription.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2015 10:37 am    

obviously.

Roger Dillingham

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2015 5:25 pm     Nashville Pro Steel

Hey, count me in as a happy subscriber! I know if you think about the cost it may seem a little bit steep at first; but I can't think of anywhere else or anything else similar to this for any price....let alone for the nominal cost to subscribe. You can do it on a month by month basis or pay by the quarter. No long term commitments; cancel when you choose. I can't find anything not to like about a deal like that! Their support is great also. A short time back I wasn't able to access their site for some unknown reason. I e-mailed Mark and immediately he was all over it. I then found out that it was a browser setting with IE and nothing to do with their site. I switched to Google Chrome and no problems now at all. But before I discovered the problem was my PC settings, Mark was already apologizing and offering to make up for any loss of service. We need more people like him. Thanks again, Mark! Best to all. Roger Smile

Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2016 10:22 am    

Mark, I'll subscribe immediately as soon as I've moved into my new appartment. Nashvilleprosteel.com is a wonderful project and I'll be happy to support it! All the best to you!

Alex

Mike Bowles

Princeton, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2016 1:49 pm     nv pro steel

I got to stand and watch russ hicks play my mullen that alone was worth 20$ to me.

Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2016 5:16 pm    

Mark, can you tell me when nashvilleprosteel.com will be available again to new subscribers?

Last edited by Alexander Rehfeld on 17 Jan 2016 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cody Angel

Nashville, Tn
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2016 7:20 pm    

I have had the subscription for about 3 months and love it! All the players featured are knowledgeable, clear in teaching, and BUSY! Bottom line, they are doing it and if you want "do it", they are worth listening to. Not to mention the lick libraries on display for learning from. The studio is a tricky place. Randle Currie, for one, gives a wonderful approach lesson for session work. Between the licks, techniques, and personal experience, I can think of much worse ways to spend 20 dollars a month.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2016 7:41 pm    

I can guarantee that if you spent a couple hours in a Nashville honky-tonk watching one of these guys and NOT hearing them explain what they're doing, you'd spend a lot more than $20 in just one night.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?