The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB versus Back-up Tracks
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 10:04 pm    

What is the difference between BIAB and the other machines that people sell, like Billy Cooper, and Jeff Newman had, I have a friend that has BIAB, uses it all the time, and it makes no sense to me. It just sounds like an accordion playing chords. It sound nothing like a song. I would buy it if it did. I by the rhythm track from varies seller on e-bay, and there great, with singer. Just wondering.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 11:48 pm    

Your friend must have a very old version of Band in the Box, or he just doesn't know how to use it. It's not a machine, it's a computer program. Check out some of the demos on the PG Music website: http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

It's pretty impressive what this program can do (to me anyway). Nothing like what you describe.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 5:45 am    

Some of the first versions of BnB sounded like Chinese music and you had to have a special sound box or what ever you call it to get close to real sounds. As computer sound cards advanced, there's no need for that now. I have a cheap lap top that sounds great. All these songs were done with BNB. One thing about it, drummer stays steady and never misses a lick. We used real bass on some of these and of course real steel and fiddle but the rest is BNB. Warning, hardcore country.

https://soundcloud.com/henryssteelguitar

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2015 8:51 am    

Henry, That is excellent! If I may ask, what recording system did you record the songs with? Thanks, Norm

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2015 9:06 am    

I used a Roland VS 2480 digital recorder. Steel was line out of a Nashville 112.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2015 2:57 pm    

Henry, Thanks, good job. The recordings really sound good. Excellent steel playing! Norm