Author Topic:  Sold
Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 10:38 am    

Last edited by Keith Bolog on 8 Aug 2015 4:29 am; edited 4 times in total

Billy McCombs

Bakersfield California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 3:59 pm    

If you want a All Pull Steel that sounds as close to a Emmons PP as you can get, This is it. I have a 82 Rosewood SKH 056L that's a keeper for sure. Mine has the Brown Emmons Chevron. Good luck on the Sale Keith.
78 Emmons PP,Great tone.82 Emmons SKH #56

Last edited by Billy McCombs on 25 Jun 2015 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rich Upright

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 4:44 pm    

Is there a difference in tone between the SKH & the LeGrande II?

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 6:40 pm     Emmons SKH

Keith,

You're right, it's not hype. By far the best sounding pedal steel I've ever owned, played, sold, etc !!! Also Billy's correct !!!!

I sold mine a couple years back and I hesitated to do so. A LITTLE WHILE BACK I WAS FORTUNATE TO BE ABLE TO BUY IT BACK. After I sold it, I emailed the guy that if he ever sold it to give me first dibs. He was a newbie. He kept it for a year, then he wanted to try another pedal steel. He loved it, but he just wanted to try something else. Didn't we all as newbies!!!

I got it back and it's here to stay!!! They have tone & sustain like no other that I have ever played or owned, or sold!! AND I'VE HAD EVERY BRAND OUT THERE OTHER THAN A RAINS.

Keith emailed me. Mine is SN 227L, so yes, this is the one made right after mine. WOW !! If I needed another steel I'd buy this just so I could have a set of twins of these amazing pedal steels!!!

This should sell fast.

AL
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Last edited by Al Vesel on 26 Jun 2015 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2015 8:04 am     Skh

my favorite Emmons steel is the skh

the skh and the pp cant be beat in the Emmons line

this is a great buy for someone and that someone

is going to love the tone and feel of the skh guitar

mike Very Happy

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2015 9:55 am     Skh

Best of the best. SKH is all I play now.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2015 10:15 am    

Rich Upright wrote:
Is there a difference in tone between the SKH & the LeGrande II?

Rich, they do sound different from the II's and I think it's probably due to the completely difference changer, not the key head. Ones I've played do have that growl that push pulls do. My friend in here in town has a D-10 black that's just an awesome sounding guitar.
Wish I had the dough, I would sure own this one.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2015 6:31 am     tone

It even sounds remarkably different than my very early legrande with the longer key head. Casual non-players confirm it and choose the SKH.

No telling if any or all of the differences are responsible (smaller cabinet diff changer etc). I always thought the pickup was the key tone ingredient, helped by sustain etc, mechanincal issues. They did something right accidentally (?)

I never found a good answer to why the later 14 hole bellcranks were better. After working on it I can tell you the 4 hole swivels are held in place by the most exasperating little circlip. Awful design but wouldnt want to swap them out, just in case.

Brian Ostrom

Old Chelsea Quebec Canada
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 6:47 am     What?

Can't undersatnd why this hasn't been sold yet. These guitars are rare and collectable. I would't trade , sell or part with mine for any reason. Mids like nothing else I have ( and i have some great guitars).
Stay firm on your price. That fair for this desired guitar. The timing will happen.
Good luck.

Tim Hughes

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 11:34 am     Too Cheap!

I think the price is too cheap! Check this one out:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=275687&highlight=skh Whoa!

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 12:39 pm     Stand Firm on Price

Keith,
Brian is correct. Stand firm on that price. Your's is only a couple hundred more than I sold and reb ought mine at. And this one of your's has 2 more foot pedals!!

So you are being fair on this price. AND THEY ARE RARE. So I see these going up quite a bit more on pricing starting very soon.

Al
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 12:44 pm    

Keith,
Brian is correct. Stand firm on that price. And this one of yours has 2 more foot pedals than mine. That's even more rare.

Tim, it sounds like you're really enjoying that SKH you purchased from me. Great guitars, aren't they?

AL

Tim Hughes

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 2:58 pm    

Al Vesel wrote:

Tim, it sounds like you're really enjoying that SKH you purchased from me. Great guitars, aren't they?

AL

I love it Al! Wish I could get a vertical knee lever for it.

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 6:48 pm     Vertical KL

I'm working on it Tim!!

Al

Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2015 7:43 am     Maybe this discussion should move

Lately I noticed nobody is buying anything, not just guitars. Size or price of item doesnt matter. Maybe something Super rare or significantly underpriced, but everything else, not so much.

Less disposable income compared to years past is my guess. Very little interest in anything I offer up in the last year or so. I feel bad for sellers forced into a distress sale to pay a bill or something.

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2015 10:11 am     Sluggish econcomy

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you Keith. Not much moving at all as far as high ticket items like pedal steels here or anywhere. Everyone is just worried about the economy, as they should be. Hopefully this economic downturn won't last long. But, honestly, the economic forecaster's don't seem too optimistic. Let's just pray that it turns around.

Al

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 6:10 am     emmons SKH D-10

Keith buddy,
if i had the money I would buy that from you Smile
had a black Emmons skh d-10 in the 80's best guitar i had sold it Oh Well good luck with the sale.

p.w

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 11:44 am     Skh

What is the difference in the changer? as compared to a LII

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 11:56 am    

I don't have a picture handy but the II is a standard cut-tail changer like most guitars and the SKH is a comb type that resembles a Sho-Bud but much heavier built I think.

Found one, this is a SKH changer:

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 1:19 pm     Skh

Thanks Henry that making sense to me now,

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 4:07 pm     skh

NOTE: The only fault I find with the SKH changer is that its very hard to install the string "circle-end" onto the changer post. They are really embedded down inside the changer. But they sound KILLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR.

Billy McCombs

Bakersfield California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 5:21 pm    

Allen take a pair of cheap tweezers, sand the sides down so they will fit down it to the changer. It will hold the ball end on the pin as you tighten the string. I put a set on my SKH last night and it works great. Thanks to my friend Larry Petree here in Buckerfield ca.
78 Emmons PP,Great tone.82 Emmons SKH #56

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 6:10 pm     Thanks

Thanks, good idea, I'll try that. I have been just using a short screwdriver, just letting it slide down and block it on the peg. However, nothing works good in the dark---you MUST have a light handy on stage with you. Thanks again for the idea, certainly will try it.

Al Risbeck

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 8:22 pm     wood block

Allen I took an old style two piece clothes pin, shortened it to the right thiçkness, then grooved it to slip over the ball end wedging it so the ball can't come off until the string is sung then take it out to tune it.
Mullen Discovery, GK mb200 with Eminence EPS-15C, Fender steel King with Eminence EPS-15C,Nashville 400 amp, with EPS-15C,Evans FET500 with Peavey 1501 BW Goodrich L10K V.P.(2),Goodrich L120, Bose L1 PA with ToneMatch 4 Mic control board

Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 9:15 pm     hold ball end of any string

disposable-type wooden chopstick lightly pressed in the gap....leaves both hands free