The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel player needed in East Bay
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2015 8:23 am    

Unfortunately, I have been forced into retiring from playing live. The band I have been in for the last year or so needs a replacement. They DON'T do classic country. It's mostly some newer country (no country rap crap) and some rock. It is a 6 piece band. Girl singer, bass player/singer, drummer, lead guitar/keyboards/singer, and the leader is a singer/acoustic guitar/electric guitar. They are all very good musicians. Lot's of nice harmonies. They work 2 to 5 times a month. They aren't really high paying gigs, one two nighter that only pays $50/night, but the other gigs pay $75 and up. Fun Band.

Girl: Miranda Lambert, LeAnn Rimes, Sara Evans, Little Big Town. And of course, Someday Soon.

Guys: Brooks and Dunn, George Strait, Dwight Yoakum, Eagles, Tom Petty.

Not necessary to play guitar. But you need to be a seasoned player.

Contact me here by EMAIL or PM, and I will get you in touch with them. Since most of the gigs they do are in the Concord, and Vacaville area, it's probably a good idea to live in the Concord area. I found them worth the drive From San Leandro.