The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  In Mesa, AZ for the week
Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2015 4:34 pm    

My wife and I are in Mesa for this week. Hope to see and hear some live steel guitar music some evening......Fred if you see this....we would like to stop in and say hello but don't want to interrupt anything you are doing......let me know what would be most convenient for you to spare a few minutes..thanks

Ben Rubright
Punta Gorda, FL

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 11 May 2015 10:37 am    

Ben, any time is a good time, call ahead to make sure I'm in. See you soon.

Roy Carroll

North of a Round Rock
Post  Posted 12 May 2015 5:49 am     Go see Fred

I was in Arizona a few months back and called up Fred for a visit. What a nice guy!
He and his wife are SUPER people and treated me as family. The only problem was that I wanted every guitar he was building! They played like butter and the tone was great! I actually came away with a better understanding of what it takes to build a fine tuned machine and piece of art that Fred builds. A lot of blood sweat and tears! Wait.... That's a great name for a band. Those of you that are considering a new guitar should think about Justice Guitars. Great quality, great craftsmanship and all made with Love for the steel guitar. If I was Fred I couldn't sell a single guitar, I would want to keep them all. My 2 cents. Very Happy

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 13 May 2015 6:16 pm    

If you have the time, go to the Buffalo Chip and hear Danny Sneed,,,,great player and super nice guy ! Call them ahead of time to make sure he is playing that night,,,its in Cave Creek and quite a drive, but well worth it ! Also, Sunday night, Rose Sinclair will be in town with Wayne "the train" Hancock...Rose is a great player and I am sure that will be a good show...thats in Tempe, which is right next door to Mesa.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2015 5:56 pm    

Fred was nice enough to make room in his schedule for a visit from my wife Carol and I. We enjoyed talking 'steel guitar' with him. Furthermore, we were in town to look for winter acomodations in Mesa and Fred pointed us to the right place.......it just so happens that his daughter works there......and we found what we wanted for the right price so we are now the proud ownders of a 5th wheel camper. Thanks for helping us spend our money, Fred. You done good. Your work, however, is not done, hopefully there is a Justice Pro-Lite SD-10 4x5 somewhere in my future. Thanks Fred

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 16 May 2015 6:17 pm    

Hi Ben & Carol, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here at my mega super factory (ha ha)
I'm also glad Salina and Kevin were able to fix you up with a good deal on an RV.

I'm looking forward to you two spending the coming winter out here in Arizona. God bless you both. Very Happy Very Happy