The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  John Pearse Steel Bars
Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2015 10:07 am    

Bob, I got the John Pearse bars today. Thanks T.L.
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 19 May 2015 4:17 pm    

Bob, whether it's a "lot" or a "bit" probably depends on who you are. Call it personal opinion, or symantics, or a little of both. The fact is that it can be felt, but I don't feel it's something that would affect anyone's playing. However, keep in mind that there are many steelers who are quick to moan, complain, argue, and whine about all sorts of trivialities, and this issue is likely no different. Mr. Green

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2015 11:02 pm    

I know, Donny, but I get emails from beginners who have read topics like this, and they think that a stainless bar won't work with stainless strings. That's total nonsense. The difference is subtle, and probably imperceptible to most people. Plus, don't pros like Lloyd Green and Buddy Emmons use stainless bars with stainless strings? If it were "a lot" of drag, stainless strings and bars wouldn't be as popular as they are today.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 May 2015 3:32 pm    

Your point is well taken, Bob, I get the same type of email questions most every week. Usually, they're asking about which pickups, guitars, amps, and strings are best. I usually tell them that, until you gain a modicum of proficiency on the instrument, it doesn't matter much what you use. Oh Well