The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wheeler Jackson
Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2015 6:54 am    

I am saddened to report my long time friend and fellow steel guitarist Wheeler Jackson passed away last night. Wheeler had been having some health problems and was in rehab.

Gary Cooper

Atmore, Alabama
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2015 7:15 am     Wheeler

Deepest sympathy for the loss of your friend, Wheeler. Gary Cooper, Atmore, AL

Benton Allen

Muscle Shoals, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2015 5:48 pm    

Here is the latest information I have concerning the funeral services and interment for our great friend
Wheeler Jackson:

Tuesday April 28, 2015
Limestone Chapel
322 US-31, Athens, AL 35611

Visitation will be from 11:00 AM to 12:45 PM
Services will begin at 1:00PM with burial in Roselawn Cemetery-Athens, AL

May God bless and keep our dear friend.

Leon Champion

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2015 4:15 am     Wheeler

Rest in peace Wheeler ,GOD BLESS you are a true friend.

Jeremy JT Young

Loretto Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2023 9:31 pm     Wheeler Jackson

I used to be partners in a music store and played in a band with Jimmy BeBop Evans. Wheeler would frequent the store as him and Bebop where old friends. I got to be friends with Wheeler myself. Once he called the store in the early 2000s and I ask him to drop by I had something to show him. So he came by and I had purchased an old ShoBud I think pro1. Wheeler asked what I was going to do with it. I was a lead guitar player lol. I told him I was going to learn to play it and I wanted him to check it out. He said well let me see. So we plugged it up to a Nashville 400 I had in the store and he went to tuning and messing with it for about 20 or 30 min. He stood up and walked over to me and said well JT, she's a beautiful steel but, I said uh oh what's wrong. Wheeler said you need to sell this thing to the first interested party thatcomes in here. I asked why, what's wrong. He said it looks great but every part on it is worn smack out and needs replaced he told me I'd have to invest my retirement in it to get it right lol. So I did as he said and sold it. Wheeler was a fine gentleman and an amazing PSG player. I was glad to call him friend. I hope he'd be happy all these years later I'm trying to learn psg again. Most of all I at least got a playable steel lol. (Why I can't play guitar anymore and am trying to learn steel is a whole different story) RIP Wheeler Jackson.