The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Mullen D-10, 8x5, (Sold)
Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2015 12:32 pm    

Very nice Mullen D-10, Pre-RP model, (consignment), 8x5, pecan mica finish, Emmons style copedent, George-L TW pick-ups, plays and sounds great with no issues that I can find. Leg pouch and case included. Duane's Music, Troy, MO. 636) 528-4307.

Last edited by Duane Dunard on 20 May 2015 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2015 3:44 am    

I played this guitar about two hours in my shop last night while working on songs for tonight's gig. Honestly, this is one the best sounding Mullen I've ever played. If I didn't already have two personal guitars, this one would absolutely follow me home!!! Shocked

Last edited by Duane Dunard on 30 Apr 2015 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2015 9:01 am    

I'm surprised to see this guitar for sale. I owned this guitar and sold it last winter. I didn't really want to sell it but if I had the extra money right now, I would buy it back in a heartbeat. I've had 4 Mullen guitars and this one may be the best sounding of the 4 I had. I never had any issues with this guitar and it stayed in tune very well. The pickups on this guitar might be a tiny bit on the bright side but not thin. This guitar would probably sound even more killer with single coils or Lawrence 705 pickups. This guitar is more than well worth the price listed. Dang I wish I had the extra money.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2015 2:30 pm    

Several nice trade offers, but the owner is looking for a cash. The copedent is as follows;
LKL, raise 4 & 8
LKV, lowers 5, & 10
LKR, lowers 4 & 8

RKL, raises 1, 2, raises 7th. (lowers 3rd on C neck)
RKR, lowers 2, 9, (raises 4th on C neck)

All floor pedals are standard Emmons style.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2015 6:48 am    

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 May 2015 7:50 am    

Fresh strings installed, and a bump to the top.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 3 May 2015 8:38 am    

If you will notice the necks, they are the same size as the necks on the RP's and G2's. This is the only Pre RP that I've seen with these necks. I'm thinking that this guitar could've been built when the RP's were in production which would've been around '97'.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 5 May 2015 3:56 am    

Dean, I think you are right. It's a pleasure to play.

Chris Robbins

Biggsville Illinois
Post  Posted 7 May 2015 3:49 am     Mullen

Bump up for my good friend who is selling this guitar.I have played this guitar and someone is missing out.Plays and sounds fantastic.

Pat Heller

Missouri, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 May 2015 5:58 am     Mullen Guitar

Other than the pictures, I"ve never seen or played this guitar. I do know that if Duane is selling it, it is exactly what he say's it is. TOP NOTCH GUY!!!!!!!!!.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 3:11 am    

Just a bump to the top. Somebody out there needs this very fine guitar.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 1:49 pm    

I had a Mullen G2 and if I had a choice between this guitar or another G2, I would choose this guitar hands down. I didn't have 3 guitars and bunch of other stuff I need to get rid of, I would buy this guitar back. This is a very dependable guitar plus I think it's just a beautiful guitar.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 11 May 2015 8:09 am    

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 May 2015 7:26 pm     Dunard Quality Control

One thing I consider when buying a used guitar is the seller. I've been fortunate to have purchased several items from Duane.

You know are dealing with a guy who has been in business a along time and sells instruments that will surprise you on the plus side. They are set-up and packed well, the communication is great and he gets the instruments to you quickly. Kudos, Duane. Thanks, Steve

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 May 2015 7:27 pm     Dunard Quality Control

One thing I consider when buying a used guitar is the seller. I've been fortunate to have purchased several items from Duane.

You know are dealing with a guy who has been in business a along time and sells instruments that will surprise you on the plus side. They are set-up and packed well, the communication is great and he gets the instruments to you quickly. Kudos, Duane. Thanks, Steve

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2015 8:23 am    

Duane Dunard is the real deal for sure.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 May 2015 6:58 am    

Thanks Steve and John. Bump to the top please.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 17 May 2015 4:51 am    

Just an FYI.....I believe this guitar came through my shop, and I overhauled it in 2013...And I agree.....GREAT PRP!!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 19 May 2015 9:58 am    

Mickey, Thanks for the info. Your set up job was excellent!

Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 19 May 2015 5:43 pm    

Bump for a great guitar

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 19 May 2015 9:40 pm    

I don't think you had this guitar in 2013 Mickey. I bought this guitar in 2012 and had it up until around January or February of last year. I think you wanted to buy this guitar but I had already sold it. I bought this guitar from a guy in South Carolina not long after I had my motorcycle accident. Unless the guy that bought this guitar sent it to you, I re did the setup and this guitar was already in excellent condition. The only problem I had was I had to adjust the 2nd string feel stop in which I fixed. This guitar was cleaned and oiled and in great working condition. This was well taken care of before I acquired it. I'm curious to know if the guy that owned it ever had any problems with it or if there were any particular reason he didn't keep it very long. I had no problems with the guitar and I know this is the guitar I had because I compared these photos with the photos I took of it when I put it up for sale. I used this guitar when I was working for Buck Trent in 2013. In 2014 Buck's show moved to the Baldknobbers theater and I had 2 other guitars besides this one and I didn't need 3 guitars anymore. I debated keeping this guitar or a Zum that I had and so I figured I should probably keep the Zum. It was a tough decision cause I really did like this guitar. If I had kept this guitar, the only thing I might have changed would've probably been the pickups. They were a tiny bit on the bright side but not really enough that it bothered me. I did however really like the sound of the C6. I really think this is a beautiful guitar and I know a lot of guys that still love the sound and the way these guitars were built. I feel this guitar is an exception to many Mullen guitars I've played and listened to over the years. If there is anyone that might be interested in this guitar, I really don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 20 May 2015 6:47 am    

I wanted to clarify that I'm not saying Mickey didn't work on a guitar like this one as I know he works on a lot of guitars and I know there are other guitars with this formica. I had another PRP that had this formica that Rob Parker ended up with. I still like these older Mullen guitars. I guess the only reason that I've gotten rid of any Mullen guitars is because they're always popping up for sale and I can always get one because a lot of them have been built over the years. As I said, this guitar will not disappoint and Mickey does an excellent job working on these Mullen guitars.

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 May 2015 10:33 am    

The guitar has been sold. Thank you to everybody who posted and I will send a Forum donation.