The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My BMI D10 has officially defeated me, so it's available
Don Chance

North Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2015 7:00 pm    

I've posted before about how I got my BMI D10 with the intention of learning how to lay down those jazzy Western Swing leads on the C6 neck, but it's just not going to happen.

I've been playing the E9 tuning for more than 30 years, but playing the C6 neck with anything like confidence and competence is just something I'm NOT going to add to my list of skills in this lifetime.

So, reluctantly, I'd like to sell it and get another user-friendly S10 model.

Don Fritsche at Beck Musical Instruments tells me it's a 1980 model, according to the serial number, and any parts it may ever need are readily available.

The only problem with it I see is that it doesn't have a case. The original case was so badly damaged when I got it - the top was even missing! - that I ended up just throwing it away.

The price? You gentlemen here at the Steel Guitar Forum know better than anyone in the world what these things are realistically worth. Those I've seen here can run as high as $2500.

I was going to ask $2000 plus shipping for it, but I decided to knock off $200 for the missing case (new custom-made ATA flight-type road cases can be had at eBay for less than $200).

So I'm asking $1800 plus shipping. That'd be a firm price.

HOWEVER, if someone has a decent little ShoBud or Emmons or BMI single-necker (3x1 is all I really need for pedals and levers) I will consider knocking off as much as a thousand or so for a trade (no MSA Red Barons or Sidekicks, or formica Mavericks or Carter Starters, or that kind of stuff, please). Just send some photos of what you have and we'll see what we can work out.

(If you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth or the OKC areas, we can meet up somewhere and save the shipping cost.)

I'm not any kind of instrument dealer or anything like that, so I don't offer any additional guarantees or warranties. I'm offering it for sale because I'm just a working musician who plays pedal steel guitar in addition to any of the other instruments that make my living, and it's not a good idea to keep things around that I don't need or that won't help me earn money on paying gigs. Hope that makes sense.

Here are some pics. Need more? Just contact me and ask for specific views.

THANKS for staying with it!

Don

Dan Auldridge

Poteet Tx. USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2015 8:57 am     steel trade

hello. I have a 1974 ds-10 3+2 if you would be interested. I have it listed here on the forum.. thank you .... Dan Auldridge

Don Chance

North Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2015 1:46 pm    

I have two standing offers of $1600 for this BMI, but I just think it's worth more than that.

I'm open to offers as low as $1650.

Thanks!

Daymon LaPoint

Jasper, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2015 9:38 am    

Don, that's a nice guitar. Don't let the lack of a case cause you to let it go so cheap unless you're in a huge hurry to sell. Cases are fairly cheap.

'66 Emmons Bolt-On, Sho-Bud LDG, Sho-Bud Fingertip, Rus-Ler D-10, '70 Emmons, P2P Bad Dawg, Fender '59 Bassman,'59 Fender Twin "Bonamassa", Fender Twin Reverb and Rick Johnson Cabinets. Previous and Proud owner of James Blonde, Brownie, and Rosalee.

Don Chance

North Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2015 5:00 pm    

Thanks! I REALLY appreciate the encouragement.

I'm not in any hurry to sell it, just thought it might be a tad overpriced.

Thanks again!

Don Chance

North Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2015 4:44 pm    

Hey everyone! Just checking in.

Don Chance

North Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2015 7:13 pm    

She's still available.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2015 9:52 am    

you probably shouldn't quibble over the $50.
fyi,people would rightfully expect a case with any steel since it's necessary to transport it to and from most gigs. that would be a problem for me.
looks like a good sturdy steel at a good price.

Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2015 1:30 pm    

Don, Do you have the back apron mica strap? It seems
to be missing.Tenn.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,