The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB .. buy it?
Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2015 10:37 am    

I'm considering buying BIAB, but have read some reviews that weren't very complimentary, so I thought I'd post here. I've never used it, and I have 'average' computer skills.
One thing I saw in the reviews indicated that I would have to buy 'other' stuff to make it work. Is that true? I want to work up practice tracks, but I'm sure at some point I'll want to go beyond that and produce some stuff as well. So, my questions are: What version would you recommend? Is it complete 'out of the box'? Is it easy enough to install? Could I be using it the first day, or have to wait for confirmations from the manufacturer?
I appreciate your insights... dave

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2015 12:44 pm    

Dave, I'd suggest you watch my "Band In A Box Made Easy" videos on YouTube..... Just do a search for my name and Band In A Box Made Easy. This will show you how BIAB works and how easy it is to use. No, you don't need to buy anything else, just your computer. If you want to play the songs loud, you'll have to run the computer output through an amplifier of some sort. Like playing steel guitar, or any instrument, BIAB is only as good as the operator.

RC

Dave Meis

Post  Posted 6 Apr 2015 6:36 pm    

Thanks Rick. I wanted to get some input from people that actually used it! I watched some vids from the BIAB site, and it seemed pretty do-able, but some of the reviews made it seem that you had to buy other stuff to really get going, so I came here to find out! Smile
Thanks again.. dave

Harry Dove

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2015 5:50 pm    

I've had several versions of BIAB. Now I'm using 2015. BIAB is the best music program I've ever used. You can start out simple and get as complex as you want it to be. The latest versions with real tracks sounds better than most of the bands I've played with. If you know even the basics of music, you'll have a blast with BIAB.

Dave Meis

Post  Posted 11 Apr 2015 9:04 am    

Thanks guys.. it's on the way.
bOb.. you can close this. dave