The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Tone Bars, Great new Idea!
Peter den Hartogh

Cape Town, South Africa
Post  Posted 3 May 2015 10:17 am    

Hi Glen
How much would shipping overseas to Cape Town, South Africa cost if I order 2 bars?

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 3 May 2015 10:49 pm     Bar

Glen,

PayPal sent. 1" 440 with the Pearl Blue insert,,Thanks a Bunch

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 May 2015 4:45 pm     Bar

Waiting "patiently" for mine to arrive.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 5 May 2015 11:09 am    

Me too Jim,
[/quote]

Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2015 6:33 pm    

I'd like to hear and see an A/B comparison between this bar and others. I'm not from Missouri, but........

Justin Griffith

Taylor, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2015 4:41 am    

PayPal sent. 1st time I've tried doing it without an invoice. If I messed it up, let me know please.

I want 2 bars. One of each material in different colors of your choice.
7/8 10 string please.

Best,
Justin

Urban Breen

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 6 May 2015 5:00 am     Shipping to Nova Scotia, Canada

Glen - I'd like to order a 440 (magnetic), 1 inch X 3.400 inch long bar with the light blue insert. What would the shipping charge be to Nova Scotia, Canada (Postal Code B2G 2P6) via USPS?

Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2015 6:09 pm     2 bars

Thanks Glen Sending Ck Fri. 1 Magnetic 15 16 1 Blue 78S Randy Gilliam Very Happy

Fred Rogan

Birmingham, AL USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2015 7:14 am    

Here is my experience to date:
4/23 made paypal payment of $30 to Glen
5/7 hearing nothing, having received no bar, contacted Glen inquiring about status of bar
5/7 Glen responded that bar was returned to him "damaged shipping problem" and I should have bar in 2-3 days. Will send tracking # tomorrow (today)
5/8 10:10a.m.CDST no further word.

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 8 May 2015 9:11 am    

Not to worry Fred. Glen is an honest man. He's just a little overwhelmed with so many orders for bars. You'll receive yours soon enough.

Glen Porter

Las Crues, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2015 9:37 am     Fred Rogan Complaint

Sorry Fred, for your Stress, Your Shipping # is USPO 9405 9036 9930 0415 1668 62. I would like to suggest if possible folks would use private email and I would be concerned if my NU-Generation Tone Bar Didn't show. We have Ironed out most of the shipping and computer problems To date and everyone should get their order within 1-3 days of receipt of your order. Thanks Glen
Thanks Mike for the confidence..... incidentally everyone should hear Mike's beautiful Steel work on his CD's !!!!!!

Last edited by Glen Porter on 8 May 2015 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Jim Lindsey (Louisiana)

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 May 2015 9:40 am    

Hi, guys, I talked with Glen this morning regarding mail/shipping issues and suggested a small box to contain the bar in its tube placed within the shipping package (a USPS box instead of envelope) with cushy packing material might be instrumental in alleviating some transit issues (bars either disappearing in the mail or arriving at their destinations damaged).

I found these 2x2x4 boxes online ...

... Glen is going to pick up some from a local shop for immediate use and order a bulk of them from the online site.

He also informed me that he just implemented a new Click-&-Ship labeling system for same day order shipping to get the orders out quicker and smoother.

We all know how fickled shipping vendors like USPS/UPS/FedEx can be, so it's hoped using these methods will help eliminate issues currently being encountered with the mail/shipping.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that Glen is working to get his bars orders out quicker and in better shipping containers to eliminate any future shipping issues. I've talked with him on the phone many times and found him to be a really great guy to communicate and deal with. Very Happy
ProCo RAT R2DU Dual Distortion - Korg DT-1 Pro Tuner (Rack Mounted) - Furman PL-8 Power Bay
Goodrich Match-Bro by Buddy Emmons - BJS Steel Bar (Dunlop Finger Picks / Golden Gate Thumb Picks)

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2015 10:59 am    

Mike Perlowin wrote:
Not to worry Fred. Glen is an honest man. He's just a little overwhelmed with so many orders for bars. You’ll receive yours soon enough.

I agree Mike... Glen and I have had a couple of snafu’s along the way, but his honesty and desire to provide and excellent product at an excellent price are to be commended... there’s always a “Gear-up” time when starting a new venture and some things need to be reexamined an rethought... that said... I got my 440 Magnetic Bar yesterday and playing with it, I love what I’m hearing coming from under it... it’s very quiet, with a beautiful warm rich tone, or is it just me...lol... doubt it, this bar to me has a bit of a forgiving quality that may not accentuate some of my personal deficiency’s as much as some other bars I’ve used... I even have my Li’l Izzy back in the loop... It felt a little too bright for me when I started using it with this new guitar with Quad 705’s in it... I’m glad I can use it again with the help of this Nu Generation 440 Magnetic bar... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I also agree with my buddy Jim Lindsey, and a better shipping method... I’ve gotten 3 bars from Glen and maybe it’s only on the route that I’m on, but each bar had an issue with the shipping... Its an easy fix thought and once you get your new bar, I hope you’re as pleased as I with the way it sounds... For 28 bucks???, are you kidding me?!?!? Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Glen Porter

Las Crues, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2015 9:02 pm     NU-Generation Tone Bars

I would like to Thank Billy Easton, Jim Lindsey, Mike Perlowinn, Darrell Bircher, Dale Rottacker..... all fine Pedal Steel Players, for the Positive and encouraging comments and helpful ideas on the NU-Generation Tone Bars from Red Barn Music. Glen Porter

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 10:44 am    

Thanks for recommending my music Glen.

There is about 90 minutes of my stuff on the 2 web sites in my signature.

BTW, the bar is a winner. The difference made by the heavier tip is subtle, but noticeable.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 12:03 pm    

My bar has just arrived, I did a comparison of the NuGen bar, against my Carp bar, and my Dunlop.
Hands down Glen has hit it out of the PARK with this product. Thanks Glen
Tommy Shown

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 12:04 pm    

Btw I am thinking of getting the 316 bar, Dale.Time to get dog house ready.
Tommy

Chris Grotewohl

Kansas City (Roeland Park)
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 12:51 pm    

Mine disappeared from the envelope also. Large hole on the side. Sent the envelope back to Glen for an insurance claim, and also patiently waiting for the replacement. Bummer

Justin Griffith

Taylor, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 2:35 pm    

Glen,
I got mine today. I like them both. I like one better than the other. Can you tell me which color is which bar please? they are both the same size.

Best,
justin

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 4:52 pm    

Tommy Shown wrote:
Btw I am thinking of getting the 316 bar, Dale.Time to get dog house ready.
Tommy

Good for you Tommy...that bar will keep you warm... Laughing Laughing

Justin Griffith wrote:
Glen,
I got mine today. I like them both. I like one better than the other. Can you tell me which color is which bar please? they are both the same size.

Best,
justin

Justin, Glen told me to put a refrigerator magnet to both bars... the one that it’s attracted to is the 440 magnetic one and the one it isn’t attracted to is the 316.
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Justin Griffith

Taylor, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 5:26 pm    

[/quote]

Justin, Glen told me to put a refrigerator magnet to both bars... the one that it’s attracted to is the 440 magnetic one and the one it isn’t attracted to is the 316.[/quote]

I wonder if they are both 316. The magnet is not attracted to either of them.
Thanks for the help.
Justin

Edit: I looked at the little tubes they came in and both are noted "316". maybe he misunderstood my order. i wanted one of each to compare them.

Thanks again

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2015 7:43 pm    

Glen, got my bar today, extremely well made and fine playing… mine shipped in the envelope and I may be fortunate that it came through with no issues. I got a set of your legs previously and they also camera through intact, although I was surprised as both ends of package were broken or torn open and the ends with rubber tips were just hanging out! Sure glad they arrived safely as they're excellent legs.

Haven't used the bar for more than a few hours but won't be surprised if it becomes my favorite. Very nice. Thanks!

Justin Griffith

Taylor, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2015 6:29 am    

Glen just called me to correct the order. Thanks guys!

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2015 8:26 am    

I played two sweaty non air conditioned gigs in west Texas this weekend with my BJS, John Pearse, and this bar. After playing a song with each, the others went in my seat and this has become my go to bar.

It wasn't so much a tone difference, but it definitely felt better and stuck to my sweaty hand better.

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 11 May 2015 1:24 pm     Nu Generation Bars

Glen, My second bar arrived today, the 316 non-magnet. My old ears can't hear much difference in the two types of stainless material, but both bars sound and feel great, and the finish is flawless. The bar that came today was also well packed and padded and would have been difficult for somebody to easily remove the bar from the pkg. Thanks very much, George