The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TSGA Benevolent Fund
Barbara Rosetta

Nederland, Tx. , USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2015 1:24 pm    

We had a wonderfully successful year at the TSGA Jamboree this year for the Benevolent Fund. Many thanks to all of you for making it so successful.
Those of you who donated items, bought items, bought tickets for the dobro, 50/50 or made cash donations, we thank you. These funds are used to assist musicians and their families, not just in Texas, but across the country that are in need. The families that you have assisted through the Benevolent fund are very grateful for your kindness.

We thank the following vendors or contributors to the TSGA Benevolent Fund this year (2015):
Larry Cloud, Bernie Gonyea, Dale Ware, Rick Harris, Albert Svendahl, Buck & Mitzi Grantham, Elaine Gondeson, James & Bonnie Taylor, Jamie Howze, Verle Tate, Mike Castleberry, Ron Sikes, Doug Bone, Dave Anderson, Dan Rollans (Steelers Choice), Telonics, Wayne Marton, Glenn Uhler, Joe Naylor (Steel Seats.com), Toni Bowman, Peterson Tuners, James Horan, Dee Polish, Barbara Rosetta, Lou Rochelle, Mike Siler, Milton & Kathy Willmann, Williams Guitar Co., Sill Music Supply, Scotty's Music, Padee's, Roy Sanders Music, George L's, Darrell Owens, Danny Letz, Sharon Denney, Tommy Dodd, Doug Jernigan, Mike Sweeney, Brenda Sweeten, Curtis Potter, Bert Rivera, Gary & Pam Catlin, Michael Earhart, and several anonymous donors. If your name was accidentally omitted please let me know.

REALLY BIG thanks to the volunteers that work so hard for the TSGA Benevolent Fund. Jim & Janet Wise, Linda Ferguson, Bonnie Taylor, Sissy Privett and Elaine Gondeson.

The Dobro was won by Leon Langley, and the quilt was won by Shelia Bartha. High bidders for the silent auction items were: Earl Carpenter, Rick Patton and Larry Lemons.

We could not do without our MC's that work so diligently for us. MIKE SILER and BILL FERGUSON, we thank you so very much for your outstanding work for the show and for the Benevolent Fund. GREAT work guys.

We thank you all again, especially Albert and Debbie Talley who work non-stop for the TSGA Jamboree.
May blessings come to each and every one of you.

Many thanks and Much Appreciation:
Barbara Rosetta
Dee Polish

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2015 9:26 pm     Re: TSGA Benevolent Fund

Barbara Rosetta wrote:
These funds are used to assist musicians and their families, not just in Texas, but across the country that are in need. The families that you have assisted through the Benevolent fund are very grateful for your kindness.

I know you have been doing this for many years and I assume the funds are put to good use, but is there any reason why you never post what these funds are used for or who receives them? I would think you would get even more participation if the donors and auction bidders knew where their money was being used.

Barbara Rosetta

Nederland, Tx. , USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2015 4:17 pm    

Jim: The monies that we raise through the Benevolent Fund go to, as I said, musicians and their families across the country that are in need. ALL of the funds are used for this purpose. We do not divulge the names of the families that we assist, however the requests for funds is checked out as to the need and the board approves the requests. Sometimes people other than those in need put in the request when they know about a family that is hurting. If the family we have assisted wants to publicly thank us or tell about their need, that is up to them but we would never want to embarrass anyone or make public something a family does not want known. We respect the privacy of our music family.

Be assured we use all of the funds to assist those in need and we appreciate the support of our entire music family. Thank you for your inquiry.

Barbara Rosetta

Glenn Uhler

Trenton, New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2015 7:26 pm     Jamboree Program

Barbara,

Thanks for the beautiful program. Sent you a PM.

GAU

Ronnie Miller

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2015 9:00 am    

Barbara & Dee, I would like to thank you for your time, and tireless efforts that you donate to make the Benevolent Fund a reality.. You have helped so many musicians and their family's in their time of need... I am so proud to know you both, and know the great things you do for others.. Ronnie

Barbara Rosetta

Nederland, Tx. , USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2015 4:08 am    

Thank you Ronnie, I love working for the TSGA Benevolent Fund. It is very rewarding to me, personally, to be able to work for such a worthy
cause. I am Blessed.

Barbara Rosetta