The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Whole Damn Town"
Ryan Dalton

Toms River, NJ, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2015 11:30 pm    

There is a group called Turnpike Troubadours that put out a few great songs I really enjoy. One of which is called "Whole Damn Town" which has a few great little tasty pedal steel licks.

If my research is correct, a gentleman named Ryan Engleman recorded the pedal steel stuff for this tune.

If you want to check this tune out, I have some of it figured out. After the first verse with the licks between vocals, it gets pretty repetitive. I'll post the other licks as soon as I get thing figured out. As for now, I know this isn't much but it's a start and I hope it helps someone else out there. Feel free to post the other licks if you figure them out before I do! Smile

Richard Alderson

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2015 7:33 pm     Whole Damn Town

Hey Ryan - I love Turnpike Troubadours !! These guys have a great thing going. I like the old stuff, don't get me wrong, but we need new artists like Troubadours we can actually go out and see. I was going to try and figure some of the Diamonds and Gasoline steel stuff out, and here you are, you beat me to it! When you post some more I'll be ready ! Two thumbs up.

Omar Oyoque

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 8:53 am    

Turnpike is great! Their song wrecked has a pretty catchy steel part to it! I learned it on my first day playing psg! And yes, Ryan Engelman is their steel player and lead player! Keep the turnpike comin! 👍

Austin Harper

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 10:47 pm    

Wow, very cool! I got this album very recently and I absolutely love it. Whole Damn Town is probably my favorite song, but I think Down On Washington has my favorite steel part! Great tab!

Stone Preston

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 28 May 2017 12:20 pm    

Did anyone ever figure out the second fill?