The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  KSGA - Kansas
Jerry Foster

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 10:37 am    

I would like to thank the KSGA for the invite & hard work putting on this great event, thanks to the women that helped in the kitchen, & I want to thank Jerry Newberry for letting me use his Telonics amp. Wow what a Great amp. I have to Thank the Back up Band & austin S. & micheal B. for making my set's great. it was good to see all of my wonderful friends, thanks to all for a wonderful weekend, till the next time take care & God Bless. Jerry & Dee Foster

Larry Gerdeman

Missouri, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 8:34 pm    

Just got home from the Kansas steel guitar show. It was another awesome show. Thanks Lee and Ray for inviting me again. The kitchen help was great and the backup band was very good as usual. Thanks again everyone.

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2014 3:14 am    

We had a great time this weekend at the KSGA Show. It was good to see everyone. Look forward to doing it again next year.

Donna

Bill L. Wilson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2014 6:26 am     KSGA Show.

I had a great time on Fri. and gonna have a new to me, pull on my Emmons, thanks to Jerry Lee Newberry.....And you fellas that think the young folks aren't taking up the Pedal Steel, THINK AGAIN....20yr. old Austin Stewart is a MONSTER PLAYER, and a Fine Young Man to Boot.....I believe he can stay with anybody on the planet, including you know who.....I'll leave it at that.

Wesley Medlen

LaCygne,Ks
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2014 11:21 am    

I want to express my thanks Ray, Lee kitchen Very good. Back band is awesome didn't know Mike was a key board player did a mighty fine job too. This is always a great event good to see all my old friends and meet some new ones. Got a lot of help from several hope I can put it to use God Bless all of you Wes & Jenny

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2014 3:41 pm    

How long did it take for Mike to knock Keith's horns off?????

Jason King

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2014 4:29 pm    

I took my son down Sunday to watch his grandpa Max King play bass with Mike McGee. Jacob is taking pedal steel lessons from Mike and worships him. He also watches every move that Austin Stewart makes. I think he has picked out a couple great players to model.LOL. We had a great time and heard some great steel players along the way. Mike played a great set but I'm bias. LOL. Got to meet Mr.Justice, and Mr.Naylor and enjoyed telling lies to both. Food was great also!

Great time!

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 5:11 am    

Thanks for inviting us to play and sing at this years Route 66 show!

We really enjoyed it!

Terry Wood & Walenia Group

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 5:11 am    

Thanks for inviting us to play and sing at this years Route 66 show!

We really enjoyed it!

Terry Wood & Walenia Group

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 7:01 am     Funnnnnn !!!

I had a blast, all weekend.
Thanks again Lee, Ray, John and all the Girls as well.
Great job done by all.
God bless the KSGA. Very Happy

Dick Hitchcock

Wayne, Nebraska
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 8:49 am    

We had such a great time at the KSGA show this year. What a great backup band.. Outstanding all...Mike, you did a great job of being the Anti Roy.. He would be proud.. Austin, thanks for the bass playing. You guys even made me sound tolerable...Ray, Lee and the gang, you made Bev and I feel like family...Thank you all so much...See you next year...Dick and Bev

P.S. The Hanleys service Sunday morning was wonderful!!

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 10:20 am     Great show

This is always a great show. Lots of great players and lots of great people -PLUS lots of great food.

I have been emceeing this show for the past few years and have always felt like part of the Family from day one. Ray confirmed that too. Smile

Thanks to all the people that work hard to put it on. The ladies in the kitchen keep the food coming - you could eat till you explode. From unloading, the sound people, people bringing ice for the cold drinks, Randy cookin burgers and hot dogs outside till ya get lots of help loading the van up to come home. That is the sad part closing the show and driving out of Baxter.

Simply thanks to everyone ------ and as Ray said UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

Joe
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 11:19 am    

Like all the rest, we enjoyed the steel guitar convention immensely!! It seemed like everything that was done, was done right! Thank you, Dick, for your kind words! I sure enjoyed meeting you and getting acquainted and listening to your set was really enjoyable! I'm glad you said to me, personally, "I'll see you next year, and I sure hope that's the case"! Remember God loves you and wants to have fellowship with you, too! Let Him become a big part in your life! You'll not regret it!

Bobby DeMoss

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2014 6:19 pm    

Ray and Lee, Thank you for the invitation to play and another great year of Steel Guitars in concert and again the wonderful hospitality.

Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 6:06 pm    

Another great show this year. Always have a good time at KSGA shows. Thanks again Ray and Lee for the invite. Looking forward to next year.. You out-did yourselves this year !!! What a show. Got to play right after Scotty Henderson, tried to move in real quick hoping he dropped some of them good licks but just wasn't fast enough to get any <> maybe next year..

Chad Jones

Anoka, MN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2014 6:30 pm    

THANKS EVERYONE! I had a blast there on Saturday. I posted the pics I took on my facebook. Too many to post here on the forum...

Steelin The Show Radio Program
www.heartlandradionetwork.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2014 12:23 pm    

Thank you, to everyone that makes the KSGA show great. Sorry I couldn't be there for Sat. & Sun. however, Fri. was fun. Maybe next year.
Curt Shoemaker

Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2014 1:34 pm    

Thanks to everyone who attended our show this year. It was a huge success. We are already planning next years show on Oct. 2-4 2015.
Lee