The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  a journey down Mississippi's country music trail
Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2014 7:41 am    

Saturday night, November 15th, 2014, at 7:00pm in the historic elkin theatre, Aberdeen, Mississippi.
a night in the country at the elkin,
..a journey down Mississippi's country music trail. will feature, on pedal steel guitar, Dale Stacey and the Silver Eagle Band, an 8 piece classic country stage show band plus 9 additional singers as we journey down Mississippi's country music trail, 27, thus far country music trail markers, depicting the magnolia state's important contribution to the history of country music. the singers, songwriters, places and events that are more the reason that Mississippi is the birthplace of America's music.
tickets- $15.00 / $10.00 advance
country jack....

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2014 6:07 pm    

Hello Jack Harper! Thanks for your survival guide for the History of Traditional Country Music in Aberdeen, Mississippi & for the World to know. My late childhood friend & brother in the Lord Mr.Cleat Wooley had a lot of respect for you as I do. This is a major move that should stay alive in ever State of America.God Bless you and your family.Uncle Leo J Eiffert Jr & the Pigeons -facebook. Winking

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2014 4:20 am    

leo, it's good to hear from you on this. 'specially, that you see exactly where we're comin' from.
the response has been terrific and our biggest problem seems to be that we worry about a packed house. what do we tell those that can't get in when the fire marshall draws the line? the biggest country music show in mississippi!
the beauty is we have a half a dozen young talented singers that weren't even born, singing for hall of fame and grammy singers and songwriters from when jimmie rodgers, started it all. 25 personalities in country music.
a show that is educational as well as entertaining....

country jack....

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2014 10:07 am    

If you would like I would be proud to perform on any of your shows to help keep our music alive and the History of Traditional Country Music folks who lived this life like myself. God Bless as always. Uncle Leo J Eiffert Jr. Winking P.O.BOX 5412,Buena Park,California 90620.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2014 4:55 am    

we are coming up on the countdown and the momentum is still there, everything keeps falling in place for this classic country music event.
here's what happens when you mix a dash of Branson with a smidgen of Mayberry....
you get, a night in the country at the Elkin, ....a journey down Mississippi's Country Music Trail
Aberdeen, Mississippi, 11/15/2014m 7:00 pm

country jack....

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2014 7:24 am    

Jack, Am proud of you & Keep that Traditional Country Music ball rolling,it will pay off in the long run. Most folks give up to soon like nite club owners who don't understand how our music works. You got it down Jack and just keep Buzz Evans & Ross Lewis in the mix and you won't go wrong with them.Uncle Leo J Eiffert Jr. Winking

Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2014 8:10 pm     country jack

I hope I can come. Where in the heck is Aberdeen, MS?

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2014 11:43 pm    

hello billy, ....you will like this show.
aberdeen is 40 miles south of tupelo and 40 miles north of columbus on hwy 45.
that makes it 40 miles from anywhere......

country jack.......

Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2014 1:30 pm     Country Jack

It is worth the trip to hear Country Jack Harper perform. He will take country music to the next level.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2014 8:50 pm    

billy, your too kind! thanks for the kind words.
but seriously, this is an unprecedented performance.
i'll be there doing what I do, but, I'm just 1 of the 25 performers on stage, every one being of equal importance as we honor the 28 markers on Mississippi's country music trail.
classic country music at it's best.
entertaining and educational
leo, I think we can certainly have you on a show sometime, when your tour brings you back thru the magnolia state.

country jack....

Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2014 9:36 pm    

I don't know who all you've got lined up to perform, Jack...but I do know that Dale Stacy is one of the smoothest steel guitarists that I know, and most definitely one of the best in North Mississippi. Wish I was able to attend, as this sounds like it's going to be a great show.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2014 10:54 pm    

hey Lem
it's good to see you....
the talent level is over the top....
nothing ever before like this has been done here.
your gonna miss something special.

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2014 11:38 pm    

it's been a week since showtime. i've answered a few questions regarding the outcome, but, an official post is in order, so here goes.
I cannot say that it was s.r.o., standing room only, but, the truth would read, a near capacity crowd. a lady called tonite to say, this was country music from the time we came in the front door, until the last note and we were thrilled, and I mean thrilled!
the show was 3 hours exactly and I believe not a person left until the final curtain. the theatre advised us not to do this, because nobody around here will support a country music show! on Monday morning they called and ask, when can you do this again? a proclamation came from the governor,,,,
country jack....