The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PSGA Steel Guitar Celebration, Nov. 15-16, Norwalk, CT
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2014 5:37 am    

Merle, didn`t your mother tell you not to tell lies? I`ll never forget how you would come down from Maine to the RISGA shows each year without telling us you picked a nice smooth steel.I call that "playing Possum". We are thankful you don`t play possum anymore.

Merle Record

Oxford, Maine, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2014 2:05 pm    

Manny my friend, I'm only going by what Eddie"C" and others have said about that machine of yours. Although it's been estimated to have as many as several dozen strings, I've never actually sat down and taken the time to count them all, so I don't know. Wink

But seriously, it's always a pleasure to listen to you play and hang out with ya. You truly are the real deal.

I'll meet you this weekend at Chucks Steak House. Don't be late. Wink

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2014 3:36 pm    

Just booked my room for Saturday, and am really looking forward to Norwalk. It should be a great show as usual, nice to have three female players this year.

Hope everyone takes the time to attend if they can. it's been a long year and I am ready for some great music and hanging with friends.

Merle,See you at Chuck's,I'm looking forward to a great steak and the salad bar.

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days

Hiro Keitora

New York, New York
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2014 3:39 pm    

PSGA show has been my annual ritual event and I religiously attended, stayed overnight, and so on,
but this year, I can only stick my head in for a couple hours on Saturday- Sad

So everyone, please take a rain check and let me buy you all a couple drinks next year---

Looking forward to see you guys on Saturday!

Mike Gross

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2014 3:07 am    

I am really looking forward to the weekend. Sorry to see that John won't make it but it should be very exciting. It will again be my pleasure to be emceeing for the weekend.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2014 4:39 pm    

Okay, who else is coming this weekend? Let's hear from ya's!

See ya Saturday! Smile

Peter Wojnar

New York, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2014 12:03 pm     Specifics on Norwalk Steel show ?!

I'm thinking about going up one of these days to check this out. It'll be a day trip as Norwalk is an easy drive for me.

Is there a listing somewhere which shows specifics, like what time of day and who is playing at what time?!

I followed the link but didn't see any hard information on these items. Am I missing this information somewhere?

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2014 7:29 pm    

Peter,

Saturday starts at I think 12 and ends at 5, then a break before the jam session from 8-11pm.

Sunday goes from 12-7 pm.

Most of the people listed on the PSGA site play both days and some players only one.

I have the schedule in my office somewhere, if I get time I will get it, unless Bob Maickel or some beats me to it.

Anyway, it is a great event to attend
and you will not be disappointed, well worth the drive up for one or both day, if only one , I would do Saturday so that you can get in the jam.

Hope to see you there.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2014 7:35 pm    

Hey look who I ran into today! Smile Bruce Chappelle! Unfortunately, he's feeling a little under the weather and won't be able to make it to PSGA after all. Sad But he did give me a Peavey steel amp to bring along with me that he is donating to PSGA. Smile Thanks for your generosity, Bruce; we'll miss you! Feel better soon!

Mike Gross

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2014 4:10 pm    

Let's bump up this fantastic weekend. The evening concert with Doug & Carco starts in a little over an hour.

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2014 7:37 pm    

Just returned home from the 41st PSGA show in Norwalk Connecticut and want to say it was a real ball.

I will post some photos and notes tomorrow after I download some pix.

But, initially I would like to thank especially Jeff DeMaio and his incredible family, Bob Maickle and the rest of the staff for their hard work in putting on a great show.

The house band was top notch as were all the players as well as old and new friends in attendance.

A special thanks to our new friend Bruce Green and his wife Sandra coming all the way from Melbourne Australia, for their class and charm, as well as musicianship this weekend. We are all better off after having you join us this weekend. Australia should be proud of you as their ambassadors! And Bruce did confirm that when you flush the toilet down under, it does swirl in the opposite direction Very Happy

Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2014 7:54 am    

Carco Clave

Jimbeaux Cohen on his Franklin

Jerry Fessenden

Jeff DeMaio

Doug Jernigan

PSGA President Bob Maickel and our Australian guest Bruce Green

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2014 5:19 am    

Sorry Anna and I missed your show Bob but we were on the Road back to R.I. from North Carolina where we will be moving back to. That is Gods Country for sure.Living is a lot cheaper down there and we love it down there and the people are much more friendly to you.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2014 5:32 am    

Samuel E. White wrote:
Sorry Anna and I missed your show Bob but we were on the Road back to R.I. from North Carolina where we will be moving back to. That is Gods Country for sure.Living is a lot cheaper down there and we love it down there and the people are much more friendly to you.

Sam, isn't this about the 9th time you've moved back and forth in the past 6 years or so? Are you sure you're not just a snowbird? Wink

Bruce Green

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2014 1:17 pm     Bruce Green Invitation to PSGA 41st Celebrations Nov 2014

Sandra and I are back home in Australia now. We would like to express our deepest thanks for the invitation to play at your fine association.

It was a wonderful experience. Our gratitude goes to
Bob Maickel for inviting me to perform, and Jeff DeMaio and Craig Stock for all of their assistance in sound and equipment.

I would also like to thank GFI Pedal Steels for the Ultra model provided to me to perform with.

Thank you also to Jerry Fessenden for the equipment accessories I borrowed, ( and for the cup of coffee...Ha! Ha!) Smile

It was also nice meet Mike Greer and his lovely wife Helen.

There were certainly some fine performances from all the steel players and a big thanks to the backing band artists for their impeccable musicianship.

We look forward to another time in the USA.

Best Wishes Bruce and Sandra Green / Melbourne / Australia.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2014 5:12 am     2014 PSGA Show Will be Remembered

I think the PSGA show has plenty to brag about. The show featured such a nice man from down under; and he put on a spectacular performance despite having experienced all the traveling obstacles.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2014 5:34 am    

Jim Cohen no it has not been 9 times we have moved. We have been married 27 years and we have moved 19 times all over the country from the far North to the far south and from the far east to the far west.I think i should have bought a U-Haul Truck and tow dolly as We have spent enough money to U-Haul to by one.I'm now 78 years old and this is the last move and it is going to be to the best State we have ever moved to North Carolina just 12 miles south of Raleigh N.C.We have been from Maine to Florida and From Rhode Island to Seattle Washington.I have driven well over a millon miles in my life and here we are making our last move.
My last will to be cremated.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association