The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mullen Discovery
Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2014 6:52 am    

How many of you play a Discovery and what are your opinions. I do know that they are a well constructed instrument.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2014 7:08 pm    

I've never played a Mullen Discovery, but there are a few players who play them with artists on tour. One of those players is Jay Jackson, who plays steel with Jason Aldean. His Discovery can be seen in Jason's "Burnin' It Down video, and also Jason's "Night Train" and "When She Says Baby" videos. I hear they are great guitars
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2014 11:15 am    

Thanks Brett. I saw Terry Bethel playing a Discovery on the Preselys' Country Jubilee last Saturday and it sounded pretty good to me. Mullen puts quality into everything they build.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2014 12:23 pm     I have 2 of them in stock ready to ship new!

Grey aluminum one and a black one both with 3 floors and 5 knees, one with the Mullen single coil, grey one, , and the other black one with the Lawrence 705 (Mullen single coil new included also.)

I tell everyone, they sound and play very similar to all of Mullen Steels. With a blindfold, I doubt if anyone could tell the difference.

Sincerely,

www.sillmusicsupply.com

Gary Sill 217 433 7455
Authorized Mullen Dealer
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2014 9:01 pm    

These are excellent guitars. For the S-10s available today I don't think there is a better guitar. Just my personal opinion.