The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hillman Powder Coated Tone Bars
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2016 10:07 pm    

Guys, thanks for all your support this year, Dusty's order reminds me that I'm limited on some colors, especially in one inch bars....I'll restock as soon as I'm able, but shoot me an email to confirm what's available in size and color, I'll get right back to you! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Dustin Kleingartner

Saint Paul MN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2017 1:13 pm     Very happy

Hi Michael,

I received my bars yesterday and I have been playing with them all day today. The bars look and feel great! They really warm up the sound of the high strings and cut down on sliding noise. I plan on using them for a long time Smile

Thanks!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 7:26 am     Thanks, Dusty,

Thanks, Dusty, I'm glad to hear that the bars are working for you! Let me know if I can be of any further help, Best, Michael
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 4:09 pm    

Best bars out there, I use mine all the time.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 8:28 pm     Thanks, Larry,

Thanks, Larry, great to hear from you, hope all is well with you and yours! - Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2017 1:20 pm     extended length bar??

I've had a couple of inquiries from 12 string players, asking for bars with a little additional length. What do you 12 string players consider optimal length for 7/8" or 15/16" bars? Is 3 1/2" inches long enough, or do we need just a bit more length, perhaps 3 5/8"? I'd appreciate some comments on this one - Thanks! Michael

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2017 2:27 pm     " 12 string" bars

Hi Michael, I may be in the minority, but I have been playing a 12 string pedal steel for over 40 years, and although I have had longer bares, I prefer a standard 10 string bar length of 3 3/8 either 7/8 or 15/16 in diameter.

Also, I have stainless and chrome bars but really prefer your powder coated bars. They are just so dang comfortable to use.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2017 6:42 pm     Thanks, George, duly noted,

Thanks, George, always good to hear from you! Michael

Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 3:12 pm    

Hey Michael.......hope all is well.

Just checking in to see if you're thinking of doing the February 2 for 1 promo, again.

Thanks!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 3:31 pm     Hey Jim,

I'm in the process of building up bar inventory- I do plan on doing that sale soon, likely February 15 thru March 15. My machinist had some part that needed replaced in the computer driven machine that does the most of the cutting and shaping of the bars, and, like most instances when you are really desperate for some broken part, they sent him the wrong part twice. But we are up and going now, watch for the announcement of the sale, Best Regards, Michael

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2017 11:14 pm    

Michael, this sounds good. I have all the Dunlops & have been using the 920/921's, but would like to try something not so cold to the touch! Laughing

Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2017 8:40 am    

Michael, I've become a big fan of your powder-coated bar, and I love the purple color (Baltimore!), and the sitar bar is nice to have when you just have to have that 70's Danelectro sound.

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 3:43 pm     Thanks to Jim and Susan,

Thanks for your interest, Jim, whenever you are ready to order, just let me know. Susan, appreciate the kind words, if you need another bar or two let me know - I will be doing a two for one sale on the powder coated bars beginning mid-February.

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 6:02 am    

Got my White Bar MIchael.....feels good....will be using it this weekend on a gig.....going to leave my other bars at home, so I can really test this out. I already like the weight.....not sure about the circumference yet.....I think my other bars are 15/16ths.....but I'm gonna give this a try......Will talk to you the first of the week. Thanks
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 6:19 am     Thanks Hal,

Thanks, Hal, let me know if you want to swap that bar for a 15/16", or if you need a 15/16" to just to test out - Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 4:19 pm     two for one sale, February 20 - March 8, 2017:

Thanks to all who support our powder coated bar project. Two for one pricing on all sizes and colors of powder coated bars that we have in stock, thru March 8, 2017. Posting prices and sizes within the hour, - Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 4:42 pm     prices and order information - two for one sale:

THIS SALE RUNS FEBRUARY 20 THRU MARCH 8, 2017:

Lap steels: 3/4" diameter, 2 3/4", 3" or 3 1/4" length, also offer 7/8" x 3" $36.95.

"standard" 7/8" x 3 3/8" $49.95

15/16" x 3 3/8" $56.95

1" x 3 1/2" $59.95

If you have an older powder coated bar you'd like to trade in, let me know, it just has to be a powder coated bar that has the hole in the tail end to allow sandblasting and powder coating - we love to give old bars a new life!

prefer PayPal to vmhillman66@gmail.com, will furnish mailing address for those who prefer to pay by check or money order. Prices include Priority Mailing to US Zip Codes. For Canadian shipments, add $5.00 per bar, for International shipping, add $25.00.

There are a variety of colors available, depending on the size of bar that you are interested in. In the standard bars, we have gloss black, gloss red, gloss dark blue, gloss white, gloss tan, gloss yellow, and gloss purple. Photos appear on this thread, and photos sent immediately to your email of a specific size and color that we have in stock. Many of these colors available on bars other than our standard bars, inquire at above email address, or call anytime (208) 867-5062. Thanks!! Michael

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 5:32 pm    

Michael.....got my black one, and absolutely love it......The smaller white one is very smooth, too.....using both of them.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 5:46 pm     Hey there Hal,

Hello Hal, meant to give you a call to see how those bars worked for you, good to hear from you! Let me know if you need anything else, Best, Michael

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 6:39 am     M.Hilman Powder Coat Bars

Upon receiving the first of two powder coated bars from Michaael, the first thing that I saw was just how good it looked....very professionally done! Putting that bar in my hand, the smaller of the two, it just felt right......and when I laid the bar on the strings and just started to move it up and down the neck.....I didn't hear very much string noise at all. When I opened up the volume pedal and began noting, I noticed the clearest of tones emanating from my amp. I'm blown away.....at the end of my first set, using this bar, I put my old stainless bar back in it's pouch....and haven't used it since. Thanks Michael.......

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 6:47 am    

Question, do both bars have to be the same size, or can we mix it up? Thanks!

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 7:03 am     Good question, Jim-

I've always allowed Forum members to mix or match sizes and colors, the two for one price being the higher price of the larger of the two bars.

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 3:12 pm    

Thanks for the info! Cool

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 3:37 pm    

Hey Michael. Thank you kindly--the bars arrived today. Great service. I haven't yet had the chance to work with them. They look great.
Thanks man!

Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 5:47 pm    

Michael, I've been using your bars exclusively since last August, and I really like the way they feel and the way they sound! Thanks for matching my light blue Emmons! Smile They have held up beautifully! Thanks!