The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Risga Meeting
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2014 4:23 am    

I beleave this coming Sunday August 10TH is the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Assocation meeting at the Commond Fence Meeting Hall on 933 Anthony Road in Portsmouth,R.I.Doors open at 12:30 no sooner.Check the RISGA web site.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2014 3:36 pm    

Hi Sam. That would be correct. I missed posting this again! Thanks for getting it out there. I'll see you Sunday afternoon.
Don't forget, bring a dish to share and BYOB.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2014 5:54 pm    

Ok Peter See you Sunday.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2014 5:37 pm    

Up to the top for RISGA. This Steel Guitar Association has been going since 1997 but was not chartered with the State of Rhode Island until 1998.So it has been running for 16 years this coming September.From 1997 to 1998 it was being tryed out to see if it would work and it looks like it is off and running.
Sam White

Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2014 4:09 pm    

Had a great time at the meeting today. We played a lot of songs getting prepared for the show on September 6th. Thanks to Josephine, Joanna, Gene, and Jim for sharing their singing talent! You all sounded great! I found a few areas I need to work on. Thank you Roger for getting me started with Apartment #9. Sounds like it's all coming together! Good to see Sam and Anna again. Four week until the show!!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2014 4:27 pm    

Thank you Peter from Anna and I. We enjoyed the meeting and jam. I got real brave and started to play when it cam my turn. I goffed a lot but kept right on playing hopping no one would notice but you can not fool a steel player. I can hear when one makes a mistake and that is why I will just keep on playing and I know they heard it along with my self.Had a good time and I'm going to practice my but off and maybe I will play at the Steel Show. I started playing with you guys and I got brave and did what I could and it worked out fine.Chuck,Roger, Jim,you and the other other two lap Steel players did a fine job also.See you at the Steel Show the 6TH of next month.
Sam white

Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2014 4:48 pm    

Sam, you sounded fine. We all have work to do on our chops! I remember when I first joined RISGA, I was very self conscious about my playing and expected criticism when making mistakes, really! It was anything but that. I met a group of people who were very supportive of each other, always encouraging you to play and give it your best shot. RISGA has been the platform that has given me the opportunity to learn how to play in front of others, and it just keeps getting better!
Not to change the subject but I just have to say that Chuck continues to get better and better everytime we get together! Nice playing today Chuck.

Charles Rodrigues

Tiverton, Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2014 7:40 am    

Welcome back to RISGA Sam and Anna. Peter thank you for the nice comments. It's always a pleasure to jam with all you guys. What a great club!

Chuck

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2014 5:00 pm    

I sure had a good time at the jam yesterday. Everyone sounded good and we went through a lot of tunes. Good to see Sam and Anna back.

Looking forward to the show on September 6. Hopefully by then I'll get Blue Spanish Eyes figured out.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2014 3:55 pm    

Peter thank you for the Coment. I have a ways to go but slow but sure I will make it.

Chuck Thank you for welcoming Anna and I back. We missed at the Steel mettings and Jams that we missed while we were doing our moving around the country.but we made a lot of good friends and the one guy i will miss for ever is Ray Walker who was a great person and helped me along until we lost him to cancer and heart problems.

Jim Rice it was nice to see you again and thank you for welcoming Anna and i back to RISGA.
We will be seing you all at the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Steel SAhow in Fall River on the 6Th of September.
Sam & Anna White