The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Everything sold - please close
Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2014 3:54 am    

I've decided to pare down my steel collection, partially because I have more than I reasonably need and partially because there are so many other shiny instruments out there calling to me. Some of these are recent purchases, and others have served me well for a while; my decision to sell each one depends not on condition but on how much it's being used. Prices include Paypal fees and shipping assuming you're in the US. I can do international shipping, but contact me for a quote. I can always do a little better for local pickup, especially for cash. Feel free to email me at noah.miller@hotmail.com.

1967 Gibson Century - SOLD
A rare bird - between 41 and 60 built in this style. The pickup is the same humbucking unit used in the Firebird guitars. It has plenty of nicks and dings and does not come with a case. A great rock and roll steel. $SOLD. More info here.

1935 Epiphone Electrophone - SOLD
The first Epiphone electric model of any kind, with a unique bakelite-topped wood body and a screaming horseshoe pickup. There are a couple of minor changes to the shape of the wood around the output jack and the back of the headstock, and a couple of other irregularities (such as the unplated original bridge) suggest that it might actually be a prototype. Comes with a non-original hard case. $SOLD. More info here.

1955 Epiphone Zephyr - SOLD
A cool 8-string from near the end of the Electar line. This one features an adjustable "New York" pickup with its characteristic low output and bright tone, which gives it great clarity for low tunings. There's some finish flaking around the headstock, but otherwise it's pretty clean. Comes with the original hard case. $SOLD OFF FORUM. More info here.

1940 Epiphone Zephyr - SOLD
Featuring Herb Sunshine's original adjustable pickup, this 7-string has a slightly hotter and mellower sound than the one above. Clean except for the remnants of foam glued to the back. Comes with the original hard case. $SOLD. More info here.

1938 Epiphone Model C with matching amp - SOLD
Epiphone's EH-150 knockoff in the early days of the Electar line, this features a blade-style pickup and a nifty "winged" nut to accommodate the 7 strings. The pickup has been re-wound and sounds great. The amp worked until recently; it now howls all the time, so I think all the major components work but there's a short or a bad tube somewhere. $SOLD for the set. More info here.

Last edited by Noah Miller on 4 Sep 2014 2:57 am; edited 7 times in total

Adam Nero

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2014 6:57 am    

Pm sent on the century

Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2014 2:23 am    

Three down, two to go: the 1940 Zephyr and 1938 Model C set are still available.

Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2014 4:22 am    

Still kickin'!

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2014 7:28 am    

I have an Zephyr just like yours. Would you have any interest in selling the case for it alone?

Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2014 11:17 am    

Sorry, instrument & case go as a set.

Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2014 5:36 am    

Just the Model C set left!