The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  resale value on promat guitars.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 5:02 pm    

He always threatens to sue somebody.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 5:18 pm    

But he hasn't even bothered to look up the distinction between libel and slander. And suing the Forum is like suing the phone company because somebody said something bad about you during a phone call. Good luck with that plan.

Jerry Berger

Nampa, Idaho USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 5:54 pm    

Dennis Wireman has a Promat for sale in the "For Sale: Steel Guitars" section. It was last posted on the 16th.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 6:12 pm    

Here's the latest installment of harassment (sent, it would appear, from a fake email address by a fake "lawyer"), containing the usual not-so-veiled threats on behalf of Mr. Steenwijk and riddled with the typical spelling errors, etc. :

Kaden label (lawyertalks@gmail.com) wrote:

Dear Mr. Cohen,

unfortunately for you and other sgf members, Mr. Steenwijk is right about being able to sue the forum for libel, slander and defamation.
The law is very clear about this; "The publication or broadcast of any libelous or slanderous statement about an individual or business that can be proven to be false and published with the intention of harming that entity's reputation is considered to be defamation. Online defamation is the publication of such statements made on any Internet based media including blogs, forums, websites, and even social networking websites. While many Internet users believe that they are free to say and do as they like while on the Internet, this is untrue and the same defamation laws and regulations stand for online defamation as they do in any form of media."

In the thread at hand there are both clear libel and slander issues going on and Mr. Steenwijk has a very strong case. I have handled several of these cases over the years and all were in favor of the plaintiff.
The best thing for the moderator(s) is to delete the entire thread (if it is not to late) and move on. If info on the page at hand was copied and send to a defamation lawyer then there is little one can do anymore.
My advice to you is to stay out of the entire thread and delete any comments you made.

I am mailing this to you because you contacted me several months ago about this gentlemen and his alleged scheme. Sometimes a warned man counts for two.

Kind regards,

Simon Frank

Now, if Mr. "Simon Frank" were an attorney, mightn't we expect him to put some credentials after his name? And to send the email from his own address instead of "Kaden label"? A google search for Kaden label only turns up one YouTube page, for a steel guitar enthusiast. Hmmmmmm... And a search for the firm "Frank & Patterson" in "Latrobe, PA" (which Mr. "Simon Frank" indicated he was representing in a prior harassing email sent to me), comes up totally empty. Hmmmmm again.... There's probably a law against falsely impersonating an attorney...

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 6:23 pm    

That sounds about right Jimbeaux. Any law firm probably has a web presence and their emails would be something like, someonesname@lawfirm.com, not a free gmail account.

Ron sent the first part of that email to me. I don't know why he is picking on me. He is not a friend of mine on Facebook, but some of my friends are friends of his. He has been messaging me through Facebook. This is what he sent me:

Quote:
Here's one for your buddy Jim Cohen

The publication or broadcast of any libelous or slanderous statement about an individual or business that can be proven to be false and published with the intention of harming that entity's reputation is considered to be defamation. Online defamation is the publication of such statements made on any Internet based media including blogs, forums, websites, and even social networking websites. While many Internet users believe that they are free to say and do as they like while on the Internet, this is untrue and the same defamation laws and regulations stand for online defamation as they do in any form of media.

Now to go block him on Facebook.

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 6:48 pm    

Jim Cohen wrote:
Hmmmmm again.... There's probably a law against falsely impersonating an attorney...

Ha! This has been an amusing read. btw, if you google that entire quote he sent you about libel you'll get a gazillion hits of it verbatim. He didn't even try hard. He thinks y'all are more stoopider than he is himself. Oops, I just slandered him too! [waiting for subpeona now...]

Richard Plummer

nashville tennessee
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 6:59 pm     resale value on promat guitars.

please close thread.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 7:03 pm    

Richard, you have every right to ask for your thread to be closed. I just want to say, though, that IF it is because you are being harassed by Ron and his fake lawyer, then don't fall for their idiotic pressure. They've been sending emails to many of us for years, trying to threaten to sue us all and prevent us from warning good people like you from making a mistake you'd regret.

On the other hand, if that's not what's going on, and you just want to end the discussion, that's your prerogative. I just hope you leave here a little wiser than you came.

Richard Plummer

nashville tennessee
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 7:19 pm     resale value on promat guitars.

please close thread thanks

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 8:57 pm    

at least i can't get in trouble. i was talking about mr. steenjerk!!

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 10:09 pm    

Practicing law without being licensed is a misdemeanor criminal offense in California, and probably in most, if not all the other states in the USA.

"Practicing law" certainly could include sending letters threatening to take legal actions on behalf of someone else. That's what civil attorneys do every day of the week.

Pennsylvania most likely has a state bar, and most likely you can look up this person's name to see if he is currently licensed to practice law.

Don't assume someone isn't a lawyer just because of bad spelling or grammar. Over 25 years of practicing law, I occasionally saw such things coming from real attorneys. Heck, I frequently fail to adequately proof read.

Last edited by Paul Sutherland on 17 Jul 2014 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Peter Nylund

Finland
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 10:18 pm    

Has anybody seen a Bentley pedal steel. All pull , push-pull or leg pull?

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 10:34 pm     Re: resale value on promat guitars.

Richard Plummer wrote:
please close thread.

Closed per request.

Just to be clear, Promat guitars are not made in Pennsyvania. The guy named Ron in Greensburg, PA, doesn't have anything to do with Promat. I think you probably got mixed up or misinterpreted what he said.

Promat guitars are highly respected and hold their value very well. They are built in Europe to metric specifications, and are very similar to the original Emmons push-pull design.