The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The infamous Pembroke Pickin Parlor sticker.
Austin Tripp

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 6:37 pm    

So just out of curiosity, does anyone know the story of the little Pembroke sticker on the Blade? I've tried searching the forum but can't find anything really about it. Does anyone have a picture of it up close by any chance? Like I said, this is just out of curiosity lol.

Austin Tripp

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 8:59 pm    

You mean something like this? Search the ask Buddy section at the Buddy Emmons site. It's been so long (Maybe 40 years) I'm afraid to try to tell the story, for fear of leaving something out or getting something wrong. After all this is the world wide web. And everything written must be the truth.Winking

Last edited by Bobby Boggs on 14 Jul 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 10:07 pm    

I seem to remember that the Pembrook Pickin' Parlor is somewhere in the N.E. Like New York state or Massachusetts. Question

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 10:13 pm    

The Pembroke Picking Paror was a steel guitar shop in Pembroke Mass back in the 1970s. They put on a show featuring Buddy Emmons in 1977. I went to that show with a couple of friends.

I don't think that sticker on the Emmons in the picture is from the Pembroke Picking Parlor. I think it's from some other shop called the Picking Parlor.

I don't know the details about what happened to the Pembroke shop, but I did hear a couple of rumors back in the day.

Jerry Jones

Franklin, Tenn.
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2014 4:28 am    

According to this link, the "Pembroke Picking Parlour" was a North East steel guitar shop/club.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=756180&sid=20e33f37f7dee5ac03383e1f19d566c8

The sticker on the guitar above is from Nashville's "Old Time Picking Parlor" where I used to work. It looks pretty much like the one on Buddy's guitar. Buddy used to jam in the downstairs club….. I have tapes, somewhere. Smile