The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Update on Emmons Guitar Company
Shawn Sprouse

LaVergne,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 10:13 am    

Update on Emmons. It has been 2 years and almost 3 months from the stated completion date of my guitar and I have yet to receive it. I have been promised many times that it was close to being done. The last time I talked to Ron Lashley Jr which was 6 weeks ago he said it would be ready to ship by the following week. I have no guitar as of this date. I have left message after message for him with no return calls. Also no one is answering the phone at Emmons when I call and has been this way for the past 5 weeks. Mike Cass I hope you can help me. The only reason I'm ask you is... that In a post from several months ago you said you would check on it when you're out there. Could you shed some light on it for me please? I've already filed paperwork with the DOJ and I'm getting ready to go ahead with the full lawsuit. I would rather not go this route, but they leave me no choice.

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 10:53 am    

Glad to hear you've started legal proceedings.
Hope that gets you some action.
Thanks for the update.

Shawn Sprouse

LaVergne,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 11:24 am    

I should also mention that the North Carolina DOJ has sent them several letters asking them for their response to the case. Emmons Guitar Company has yet to respond to the DOJ.The DOJ sends me copies of what was sent. Being that this took place through the mail, I think I'm also going to see if the charge of mail fraud would apply here. Especially since they took the money and left nothing to show for it and if I don't get my money back or guitar from these folks I'm going to raise $4753 worth of hell!

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 11:36 am    

Not only has this story (with many nearly identical details) been told here before, I have a friend who did not post his tale publicly who endured a near-identical situation with them a few years ago. The direct lies were astounding (just waiting for the case, we will be shipping it in two days and we'll give you the shipping #, it's right here on the bench waiting for the tuners, my dog ate it) and then 6 more months of nothing. In what country, on what planet is this not criminal?

Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 12:23 pm    

This is not a good situation and has been going on for some time. I had to rescue one customer myself.

Bud Angelotti

Larryville, NJ, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 2:12 pm    

What a shame for one of the best guitars ever made.
Just so sad. Sad

Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 2:44 pm    

...not responding to the NCDOJ is like not responding to the IRS. It's a recipe for getting yourself shutdown, but again maybe that's what needs to happen here. My guess is that it probably won't be long before the NC Secretary of State, pulls their incorporation license, if the DOJ is doing their job.

Bud, I would agree with you, but in my opinion, it's sadder what Shawn is having to go through.

My 2 cents, YMMV.

Bud Angelotti

Larryville, NJ, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 3:37 pm    

Absolutely Mr. Whitley. Sad

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 6:40 pm    

Heartbreaking. For any number of reasons. Big Ron's gotta be rollin' over...

Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 8:03 pm    

Looks like the Emmons Co. is taking notes from the VA Sad

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2014 11:39 am    

haven't we heard about 5 different episodes of this type of problem from the emmons co.?
that's 5 too many!
one is too many.
i've said from the beginning this is unacceptable and shouldn't be overlooked.

Rich Peterson

Moorhead, MN
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2014 12:30 pm    

Suing them, you may end up part owner of the company.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2014 3:47 pm    

The thing that surprises me is that, taking into consideration their recent history, anyone would order a guitar from them at all, let alone stump up the loot ahead of time.

They sound like a bunch of ratbags which is a sad end to a historical company.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Dwight Lewis

Huntsville, Alabama
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2014 7:57 pm     Emmonds

Seems it would be cheaper to buy a good used one and have it redone to your specs by one of the excellent Emmonds tech we have thru the forum.

Dwight

M.O.

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 9 Jul 2014 11:11 pm    

Shawn, Im sorry that I haven't responded to this thread before now, but for the last few months Ive refrained from visiting or participating in this forum due to a number of recent-past issues with which Im sure youre familiar with. Im speaking of the rather immature, insinuating, derogatory and politically/$$ motivated posts of some forum members regarding the tired and stale debate concerning "who's the best Emmons repair guy and who's ....authorized". Addintionally, several of my close friends, supporters and clients who still visit and post here had received what ammounts to downright hate mail and ridiculous threats of legal action for their favorable views of my contributions to steel guitar maintenance etc. from this small group of ego-driven and misguided nut cases. If anyone reading this might want to take that last comment personally I would be satisfied with their decision to do so. Im done pulling punches on here with the more envious, opinionated and clueless of our brethern. Im too busy for that high-school crap, so Ive stayed away. However, tonight a friend emailed me about your post and so Im responding to it on here, one time only.
Thanks to my ever-increasing list of clients and their psg needs, as of yet Ive had no chance whatsoever to get away from my shop to visit the Emmons factory as I had planned when last we discussed this matter. The deaths of several close friends and a number of minor health issues(not gettin' any younger here) have kept me from making that trip as well, but should I still manage to get free I will look into the issue with your guitar as promised. As I think I stated before however, Im doubtful that I would have little influence on the proceedings since Im not involved in the transaction. I'll give it a shot though if I get over there. You might also contact Billy Knowles who advertises on here as an Emmons dealer. I believe he lives quite near Burlington. Feel free to call me Shawn, at your leisure.
sincerely,

MC
615=446-5952

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 12:14 am    

Mike Cass wrote:
but for the last few months Ive refrained from visiting or participating in this forum due to a number of recent-past issues with which Im sure youre familiar with. Im speaking of the rather immature, insinuating, derogatory and politically/$$ motivated posts of some forum members regarding the tired and stale debate concerning "who's the best Emmons repair guy and who's ....authorized". Im done pulling punches on here with the more envious, opinionated and clueless of our brethern. Im too busy for that high-school crap, so Ive stayed away. sincerely,

MC
615=446-5952

A bit off-topic, here, Mike---YOU started that thread. Talk about ego-tripping...You spat in the faces of a whole lot of good people. What if we all decide we're "done pulling punches?"

You WERE considered one of the best---No more, at least for me. I wouldn't hire you to restring that old Stella.

Rich Peterson

Moorhead, MN
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 12:45 am    

b0b, please close this thread. For obvious reasons.

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 2:01 am    

no problem Stephen. And heck, Im still trying to figure out why you even have an opinion on this topic?....who died and made you God??? Unless Emmons owes you either a guitar or $$ I would say that youre outside of your hula hoop, Buster. Mind yer own business there, Dear Abby Laughing That's part of what Im talking about; too many Chiefs, not enough Indians on here.

And regardless of your opinion, my work speaks for itself, and I didn't start the debate. I believe the Portland contingent is responsible for that bit of boredom inspired, commerce/drama/attention seeking. I just clarified the Emmons Co's position on the matter.
Either way, Stephen, your comments epitomize the reason for my original decision to make tracks from here...they are ill timed and misinformed. I only spit in the faces of those who spit in mine. C'mon pal, threats and such?? I doubt that you would find that acceptable. Like ol' Ron White sez ": You cant fix ......" and Im through trying.

btw b0b. IOU $50.00 for my most recent sale...checks in the mail. please delete my account and password, thx.

later gators.

Mike Cass
Still Emmons'ing after all these years.
615-446-5952

Bud Angelotti

Larryville, NJ, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 3:07 am    

Will miss you real world expertise Mike.
I have learned alot from reading your posts.
Peace to you.

Joshua Gibson

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 9:20 am    

Sad Mike, My sincerest apologies if it was any of the Portland contingent as You put it that were responsible for starting that thread, however, I believe that it was actually a certain "red bellies & Bigsbys" collector that posed a direct threat to the validity of My good friend Lynn Stafford's standing as an EXTREMELY well qualified technician as well as Billy Knowles...and it actually seems to Me that You were included in there as well, I have nothing but respect for the quality of Your work as do a number of Other PDX Steelers... You will be missed on the forum, but I didn't want Our area to be labeled as the reason for it.
God bless and best wishes,
Telonics, Zoom, BJS,
Goldtone BS, LITM, OS Dobros.
Fender, G&L, Gibson, Ibanez guitars.

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 11:47 am    

Mike unless I missed a post I do not recall your name or reputation being tarnished here from the NW group. I can think of no reason for anyone here to do that on the forum. Carl Dixon left once or twice he still checks in now and then, maybe with time....

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 12:41 pm    

Shawn started this post.
It'll only be closed at his request, or if b0b or I believe it's being hopelessly derailed.

I believe this is a valuable post. How else will other potential customers looking to purchase what many consider "the best" know the dangers?

Please keep in topic.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 1:34 pm    

i suppose mike has other information leading to his decision....not necessarily posted on the forum. i'm sorry to hear that someone has been nasty enough to screw with his mind. he's a good and valuable person.
someone else needs a reality check, i guess.

Bob Muller

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 2:05 pm     Re: Update on Emmons Guitar Company

[quote="Shawn Sprouse"]Update on Emmons. It has been 2 years and almost 3 months from the stated completion date of my guitar and I have yet to receive it.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but I thought this was the point the post. Where is this guitar today, and why is it not been completed yet??

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 2:08 pm    

i'm sure shawn would like to know, also.