The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Branson, Mo. Supershow Player List
Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 5:05 pm    

It is an unfortunate situation but I support Bill. I understand his situation and his feelings. Hurt feelings are not good for steel guitar shows.

Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 5:05 pm     Steel Show

It is an unfortunate situation but I support Bill. I understand his feelings. Hurt feelings are not good for steel guitar shows especially when you work your ass off for years to be good enough to be there.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2014 3:06 am    

I too did not make the play list this year. Disappointed, yes, but I will still attend and enjoy the show this year. I was fortunate enough to play the show last year, and for that I am grateful. I fully understand that everyone can't play the show every year. I am very pleased to me a member of the Ozark Steel club. I think Terry does a great job and I give him a big pat on the back. Larry Baker

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2014 6:52 am    

I have a solution. I will give up my playing slot to either Bill Dobkins or Mike Beasley. Mike and Bill, contact each other and decided which one takes my spot. There is a dead-line for a decision. I need to know by Sunday. If I don't play the show, it is important I have some notice. So out of respect for me giving up my spot, let me know--(yes or no)-- and don't leave me hanging. Post--(yes or no)-- here on the Forum so everyone will know. I am happy to help Smile

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2014 7:22 am    

That's awful nice of you Keith but I have already made other plans. I could never ask anyone to cancel for my benefit. If my original time slot was to come open I would consider playing.

First of all I'm not hurt or unhappy with Terry. I know how hard it is to put a show together.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2014 11:05 pm     Billy Henderson

Billy, please understand the mess I got myself into. Mike or Bill is more than capable of carrying a 30 minute spot on any show. Again 31 players, 28 time slots someone had to be left off the show. they were the last two I booked for the show so they were were the ffirst ones I felt I should cut from the show. Again I say this too I am not at this time playing the show as I was number 31, no time slot. Hopefully next year. I wont overbook the show, and I asked Mike and Bill to play next year show. Me too, I love playing the show,

Billy I hope you will come out and see 28 great steel players
Terry Bethel
Pressss
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2014 11:07 pm     Billy Henderson

Billy, please understand the mess I got myself into. Mike or Bill is more than capable of carrying a 30 minute spot on any show. Again 31 players, 28 time slots someone had to be left off the show. they were the last two I booked for the show so they were were the ffirst ones I felt I should cut from the show. Again I say this too I am not at this time playing the show as I was number 31, no time slot. Hopefully next year. I wont overbook the show, and I asked Mike and Bill to play next year show. Me too, I love playing the show,

Billy I hope you will come out and see 28 great steel players
Terry Bethel
Pressss
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...

Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2014 5:11 am     Steel Show

Terry I have no hard feelings toward you. I heard you play before and thought you were one of the best players I have ever heard. You are one of the players I was looking forward to hearing. I have had my feelings hurt more than once which I felt were undeserved.

I have my reservations made and plan to be there. I do understand the situation and hold no hard feelings toward you or anyone. Have a good show

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2014 4:05 pm    

If you were tuned into the television show Grand Country out of Branson last Sunday night, you got to see Terry Bethel spotlighted. They even let Terry play a instrumental song. "Drivin Nails In My Coffin". Terry started off with melody on the E9th, then switched to the C6th neck. Of course the band tried to out play Terry, but never got it done. Terry wound up ending the song by getting everyone back to the real world, by playing the melody to end the song. Of course Terry was playing his "Bethel Guitar".