The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Branson, Mo. Supershow Player List
Charlie Steichen

Branson West, MO, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2014 1:14 pm    

The 2014 Super Show in Branson, Mo is getting close. On Friday and Saturday, July 25th and 26th from 10am until 6pm we will enjoy player's choice of music. On Sunday, July 27th, 10am will be a church service with Jerry and Venda Hanley followed by a all Gospel music steel guitar show until 4pm.

In addition, Friday night Steve Palousek will put on a seminar and Saturday night we will have a jam. We also have several vendors with steel guitar accessories.

The current list of confirmed players include: Dean Holman, Terry Wood, Bob Tuttle, Rose Sinclair, Jerry Newberry, Austin Stewart, Gary Sill, Bill Dobkins, Curt Shoemaker, Jerry Foster, Joe Savage, Buck Grantham, Mike Beasley, Janet Wise, Jerry Roller, Dave Flanagan, Steve Palousek, Mike McGee, Keith Hilton, Linda Wright, Wayne Morton, Rick Crow, Terry Bethel, Steve Melchi, Joe Wright, Eddie Lane, Jerry Smythe, Ronnie Neighbors, Bob Alsop, Gene Mulvaney, and last but not least Jeremiah and Venda Hanley

If you have any questions, contact Terry Bethel or Charlie Steichen

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2014 2:46 pm    

Charlie, Jean and I will be there. Larry

Rose Sinclair

Austin, TX, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2014 12:12 pm    

Looking forward to the Branson show!

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2014 6:33 pm     Osga

Always a pleasure to play and support this show. Thanks for the Invite.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2014 1:45 pm     We will have a booth at the Branson Super Show

Come pick up a new Mullen steel, Hilton pedal, Peterson Strobo Plus HD Tuner, picks, bars, strings, all the accessories for your steel guitar.

I will have my tuning course for the E9th neck, and my easy approach to playing the E9th neck. See you in Branson.

Sincerely,

Gary & Denise Sill
Sill Music Supply
217-433-7455
email: sillmusicsupply@gmail.com
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Wally Moyers

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2014 7:20 pm    

I hate to say that LaTronda and I won't be able to make it this year. We had such a great time last year, what a fun show! Looks like a great lineup! You guys have a blast, we'll be thinking about you…

Wally

Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2014 7:27 pm    

I will be playing around 10:45 Saturday. I'm looking forward to playing the show and seeing a bunch of good buddies.

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2014 7:36 pm    

Wally I'm afraid I'm in the same boat buddy.
After 9 years in a row of playing and displaying at this show I'm not going to be able to make it this year.
Circumstances are forcing me to stay home this year, but I'll be there in spirit. Hopefully next year will be different.
Its a super line up this year and I know its gonna be a great show. Some monster players on the bill.
You all have fun and God bless you all. Very Happy

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2014 7:50 pm    

Wally I was really wanting to meet you. Sorry you can't be there.

Fred I will miss you but maybe I can play better without you on the front row intimidating me. Laughing Razz Arrow Arrow
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2014 12:04 pm    

For those of you interested in seeing my set, I will be the first player Saturday morning. I requested this early time slot because I have a previously scheduled show to play with my band Saturday evening. I am going to try and play some new things. If you have anything you want to hear, like "More Ralph Mooney" let me know. Laughing

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2014 5:06 am    

Fred and Wally, You will be greatly missed.

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2014 1:35 pm     Sorry

Sorry to say I will not be there this year either I really enjoyed that show last year.

Just gotta build lots of seats.

Great lookin line up and wished I could see everyone.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Keith Hilton

Post  Posted 12 Jul 2014 6:41 pm    

I got to see Bob Tuttle playing lastnight. Bob has moved to Springfield, from St.Angelo,Texas. Bob was playing a E9th--single neck ETS with 3 pedals and 5 knees. I was very impressed with Bob's playing. He played melody, and he played what was on the record. Bob told me he was playing the Branson Show on Friday. Be sure and watch Bob's set. You will not be disappointed, as Bob is an experienced hand on the E9th neck. Trust me!

Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2014 10:04 pm     Branson Show

I would like to come if it is open to the public and I I knew where it is at?

Wally Moyers

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 7:46 am    

Bob Tuttle is a great player and a really nice guy.. I know he will do a great set!

Keith Hilton

Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 9:36 am    

Billy, the Show is open to the public. Only basic requirement is to like instrumental pedal steel guitar music. It is like a pedal steel guitar recital. As I understand it, the Show location has changed from last year. I also need to find the location. Would someone post some good directions? Smile

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 1:31 pm    

The show is at the Stone Castle Hotel, 3050 Green Mountin Dr. Branson, Mo. 800-268-4014 doe reservations.

Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2014 8:14 pm    

Directions to Stone Castle Hotel-----

Going west on 76 you will see WalMart and Branson Mall. Across the street is McDonalds. That street, between Branson Mall and McDonalds is Green Mountain Dr. Go south on Green Mountain Dr. Stone Castle Hotel is less than a mile from 76. It will be on your left. 3050 Green Mountain Drive

Venda

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2014 5:04 am    

You can also follow the Yellow Route. It is more turns, but maybe less traffic.

Donna

Bruce Repka

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2014 6:15 am     Dvd...

What are the chances of getting Steve's Seminar filmed and available for purchase? He's got a lot more licks, etc... since the Emmons video series was released.

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2014 8:57 am     Branson show

During a recent conversation with my friend Terry Bethel he informed me that he had to many players. Most of which are awesome musicians. So out of respect for Terry and the Branson club you can remove my name from the list. The Ozark Steel club is one of the best and the audience deserves the best which excludes me.
My wife and I will be celebrating our 48th anniversary that weekend which we intended to spend in Branson but have decided to go on a fishing trip instead. Have fun everyone.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2014 6:33 pm     Too Many Players

Didn't quite understand Bill Dobkin's post about pulling out because there were too many good players. I don't understand what is going on but I wish Bill had stayed on the list.

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2014 8:15 pm     Show

Thanks Billy, I would really like to do the show but I'm willing to step aside for the more popular players. The public deserves the best.

Although I have to say there is getting to be no place for a lot of us to play anymore except in our bedrooms.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 1:21 pm     MY APOLOGIES to Bill and Mike

My apologies to Bill Dobkins and Mike Beasley, I just plain overbooked the show. I called and told them what had happened, and it was not because of super players it was just too many players. The real problem is this, I have 28 time slots available and I had 31 players booked for the show. It was not intentional , it was an over site on my part. We did have a cancelation, but the show was running too long Friday so I moved a player to that cancelation spot and now the show should be the same times for both days. The show starts at 9:00AM and runs until 6:30 PM. By the way I am not playing on this years show as there was no time slot available. If 2 slots open up I will get in touch Bill Dobkins and also Mike Beasley They were both hurt and unhappy and I APOLOGIZE for my screw up.
NOW BOTH OF THESE ARE GREAT PLAYERS BUT I DIDN'T HAVE A TIME SLOT LEFT OVER EVEN FOR MYSELF. IF SOME ONE CANCELS I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH THESE TWO GENTLEMEN.
Sincerely
Terry Bethel
PRESSSSS.
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 3:34 pm    

Terry, Reread my post. It says out of respect for you and the club you can remove me because I understand your dilemma. That and the fact I consider you a friend.

I am however unhappy with Steel shows in general. Where is it written that the pro's are any more talented that non pro's just because they were lucky enough to hook up with a professional gig. I guarantee no-one has worked any harder than me or Mike Beasley learning this instrument. Not that I compare myself to the pro's but that's not the point.
Steel shows are supposed to be about the love of the instrument and not greed. I know I'm not a great player but I not the worst. That doesn't matter. I try support the Steel and the shows as best I can.
I do not belong to any steel club because I feel that when I drive 200 miles and donate my time playing should be enough.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.