The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TN: Stars & Steel Guitars Jam Aug 3rd Long Hollow Jamboree
Bobby D. Reed

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2014 8:18 am    

There is already an impressive list of players, singers and all around musicians confirmed.There will be a different act about every 35 to 45 minutes.Starting around 2:00 PM, music should continue to about 11:00 PM. August 3rd, 2014.
A donation of $6.00 is expected for all day. There is great home cooked food available at the hall and dancing is always welcome. I will be posting names of players and other performers in a week or so.
The Long Hollow Pike Jamboree can be reached by taking exit 97 off I-65 and traveling east on Long Hollow Pike about 4 to 5 miles and you'll see it on the left. The # there is; 615 824 4445 or call me at 615 419 9642. Thanks in advance for your attendance and support......Bobby

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 11:19 am     Stars & Steel Guitars Summer Jam Aug 3rd Long Hollow Jambore

Already confirmed are; Mike & Joanie Johnson, Pat Sever, Lynn Owsley, Pearlie Curtis,Randy Smith Rusty Danmeyer,Eddie Lange and many more great players who are checking schedules and should be confirming within a few days.
We also have confirmation of a famous nationally known singer who I can't announce quite yet. We have some great Nashville players for the house band along with many great singers.Also a few well known players have said they would be there for sure but have not comitted yet to play.Those include Tommy White and Ron Elliott.
Please come and enjoy this event. I have a feeling you will go away wishing it would last a week. Thanks again for your support.....Bobby

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 20 Jul 2014 8:00 am     Stars & Steel Guitars Summer Jam Aug 3rd Long Hollow Jambore

Only 2 weeks from today. Make plans to come and enjoy this great event. We also want to say in advance how we appreciate your support of this wonderful instrument.
Where will you ever find a lineup of players like this in one day?
Thanks again and see you there....Bobby 615 419 9642

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2014 8:57 am    

Wish I could come Bobby. I'll try to see you in Benton this year.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2014 12:36 pm    

Bobby, when is your Benton show? Would like to make it this year. Larry

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2014 4:02 pm    

Please edit your title to include the state where this takes place, at least. I have no clue where Long Hollow Pike is.

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2014 7:41 pm    

b0b, I think it is in Hendersonville Tn.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2014 8:17 pm    

The location of the event should be included in the Subject line to preserve bandwidth.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=164631

Wayne F. Smith

Bethlehem, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2014 2:31 pm     Jam

Bobby I am hoping to attend. I made my reservations. I know there will be some fine pickers there.
Wayne Smith

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 27 Jul 2014 5:27 pm     Stars & Steel Guitars Summer Jam Aug 3rd Long Hollow Jambore

Sorry Bob for not including the state. It's on Long Hollow Pike in Goodlettesville, Tn.
Larry the Benton dates are; October 23rd, 24th and 25th 2014 at the Benton Civic Center Benton, Il. A good many of the guys listed above will be there including Mike Johnson, Tommy White, Joe Wright, Pat Sever, Lynn Owsley, Ron Elliott and more.
Here's hoping you can all attend both next Sunday and the Benton show. Once again I apologize for omiting the state.....Bobby

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2014 7:49 pm     Re: Stars & Steel Guitars Summer Jam Aug 3rd Long Hollow Jam

Bobby D. Reed wrote:
Sorry Bob for not including the state. It's on Long Hollow Pike in Goodlettesville, Tn.
Larry the Benton dates are; October 23rd, 24th and 25th 2014 at the Benton Civic Center Benton, Il. A good many of the guys listed above will be there including Mike Johnson, Tommy White, Joe Wright, Pat Sever, Lynn Owsley, Ron Elliott and more.
Here's hoping you can all attend both next Sunday and the Benton show. Once again I apologize for omiting the state.....Bobby

I added the state to the title. We put it in the title so that people from other places won't have to click and load the whole message just to find out that it's not close enough for them to attend.

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2014 10:06 pm    

Looking forward to playing on this show! Hope to see everyone there! Thanks Bobby for the invite!

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2014 7:11 am     Long Hollow stars and steels show Aug. 3

I am planning on attending this show. It works out great since I will not be able to attend the Super Jam in Sept. due to band gigs that weekend.

Looking to a great show.

PS: If you are interested in one of my knob guards for your 112 at 1/3 off price at the show, check out my post in for sale amps and accessories. I only have a few available.

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 30 Jul 2014 6:14 am     Tn Stars & Steel Guitars

First let me say THANKS BOB for your patience with this dumba-- from Tennessee.
Rhonda Vincent will be at our jam on the 3rd along with other great singers. We have a great backup band ready to go to which I just added Gregg Galbraith yesterday.
This is a wonderful oppurtunity to not only see and hear these folks but to get to know them personally. Thanks again for your support. If you have need for more info you can call me @ 615 419 9642 or the Long Hollow @ 615 824 4445.....Bobby

Barry Gokee

Sault Ste Marie Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2014 1:39 pm    

Bobby, any itinerary as of yet? Just wondering. It will help me decide whether I can drive the 17 hour one way trip. Lol.
Nashville 112 Pro-fex

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2014 1:12 pm     Hotels close by?

What are the available hotels close to the venue and is this considered a low crime area? Sorry to ask but
I am unfamiliar with the area. Thanks

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 31 Jul 2014 1:33 pm     Stars & Steel Guitars Summer Jam Aug 3rd Long Hollow Jambore

There several motels at the I-65 exit 97 which is Long Hollow Pike. I don't excatly remember the names of them. I think a "Red Roof INN" and a Drury and more
The house band with Tom Campbell with kick it off at 1:30 the rest of the schedule has been shifted around to accomodate the personal schedules of the players and guests. I will try to finalize a line-up and post it here tonight or very early tomorrow.
Thanks again....Bobby

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 31 Jul 2014 2:54 pm     Stars & Steel Guitars Summer Jam Aug 3rd Long Hollow Jambore

Here is a tentative schedule for Aug 3rd, 2014 at Long hOLLOW jAMBOREE IN gOODLETTESVILLE, tN.

1:30 Host Band Tom Campbell & Bobby Reed
2:15 Drew Covington & Lyle Clary
3:00 Lynn Owsley & Billy Robinson
3:45 Eddie Lange & Rusty Danmeyer
4:30 Mike & Joannie Johnson
5:15 Rhonda Vincent
6:00 Jim Vest & Chris Castle
6:45 Pat Severs & Anita Anderson
7:30 Special Guest
8:15 Randy Smith & Marty Chambers
9:00 Pearlie Curtis
9:45 Special Guest
10:30 Host Band to close

Special Guest spots are reserved for a couple of great players who have not yet confirmed. If they decline then these spots will be filled with other great acts waiting in the wings.
Thanks to all you guys who have responded and please come and say hello to me at the show as with my eysight I might not see or recognize you. Thanks again for your support of this wonderful instrument...Bobby

Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2014 9:45 am    

Great looking line-up Bobby, it's gonna be a fun day.

Wendell Gurley

CARROLLTON, GEORGIA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2014 3:57 pm    

Well, Bobby, you've done it again! You are always putting together a great line up, and this is no exception--thanks for all the hard work you put into the events you have. Really looking forward to being there and seeing and hearing so many good friends. See you Sunday!!

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2014 4:05 pm    

Wow - Jim Vest! Is going to play. He's always been one of my favorites. No sure I can make it, but I'd really like to hear Jim. He's a singers steel player.

RC

Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2014 10:46 am    

Hey Rick, try to make it if you can, love to see you again.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2014 4:29 am    

Hope you guys have a great time. Keep the Steel Guitar Alive in Nashville area. We Rhode Islanders have two Steel Guitar organizations and they are both doing well and drawing in the crowd.My Wife and I started both of them and when we moved to Greenevill TN. we Stated the Greeneville Steel Guitar Association and now Mike Archer and Tony Dingus are running the Church Hill Steel Guitar shows and it is all the same great Steel players. My wife and I moved to Willow Springs North Carolina and we started the Claytton N.C. Steel Guitar Association going for about 6 Jams or so and when we moved to Florida no one wanted to take it over and that was a shame they did not want to continue it to keep the Steel Guitar alive. WE wanted to start one in Sebring area in Florida and I talked to Don West and he said he was giong to start one so I back out to let him do it and it never happened. Since then I have not been able to run any more as I had to have a Defibulator and Pace Maker put in for my weak heart. I'm Now still a honorary Member of the RI.Steel Guitar Association and a Member of the New England Steel Guitar Association here in my Home State of Rhode Island where there is more country music than in Nashville. I'm talking the good old country music.I'm thinking about getting the Senior Centry here in Coventry R.I. and have a Steel Guitar Jam for all the senior's and try to get every thing free for the senior's including a band and steel players.
Sam White.
Sam White.
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Billy Sims

Grandview, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2014 9:57 pm     Great Show

5 of us from East Tennessee, The SoundTracks Band, came over to see the show. I gotta say we all enjoyed it very much. So many talented musicians and singers we got our moneys worth and more! Pearlie Curtis nailed "Look At US"! Awesome!

Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 5 Aug 2014 6:34 am     Tn Stars & Steel Guitars Summer Jam

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm afraid I can't take much credit for the sucess of this event. I think that goes to the great line-up we had who came forth to help make this event sucessful out of love for the steel guitar. I am extremely grateful and humbled by all the talent that gathered at the Long Hollow Jamboree. This stands as proof that country music and the Steel Guitar is not dead yet. Thanks again to all.....Bobby