The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Super Pro Knee Lever-----Need Help!
Eddie Malray

South Fulton, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2002 11:57 am    

To anyone who can help: I have aquired a Super Pro with 6 levers. They all work fine but the RL is a little stiffer than I'd like. It raises 1 and lowers 6. Is there anything I can do to make it smooth and easy {like my Emmons)? Thanks, Eddie

Jeff Peterson

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2002 6:36 pm    

Seein' as you're in TN, bring it to Steel Guitar Nashville, and let us take a look. Sounds like about a 10 minute fix to me....waay too involved to go into on the forum...that's a joke, actually the 'fix' can be involved only in the variables available. Lotsa' stuff to look at. Bobbe's kind, take advantage of his holiday spirit, knowing Bobbe like I do, if he charges you for the fix, you'll get a free album anyway...If I check the guitar, I'm usually lucky enough to find more than one problem with it...Bobbe never charges for multiple fixes...and I never tell him everything I do. That's why neither one of us is rich.

Eddie Malray

Post  Posted 24 Dec 2002 8:23 pm    

Thanks Jeff: I'm coming to Bobbe's shop after Christmas anyway. I want some work done on my Emmons anyway so I'll bring the Sho-bud. I want to replace the fret boards on the Emmons since my Two year old Grandson beat on the with the bar. I was also thinking about adding a couple of lowers on existing knee levers. It's a push-pull. What I was wanting to do was add a 9 string lower to the D lever. It only lowers 2 at present. Also, I was thinking about adding a 3 string lower to the G lever. It is raising 1 and lowering 6 at present. I think I would like this lower if it will work without any tuning problems. I don't see many tunings that use this that I know of but I've seen times when I would like to have lowered the G# a whole step. I'll take yours and Bobbe's advise on this move. I'll see you in a few days but I'll call ahead and make sure you and Bobbe will be there. A friend will be coming with me and we a both thinking pretty strong about buying a couple of Session 1000s Merry Christmas Eddie Malray

Eddie Malray

Post  Posted 25 Dec 2002 12:12 pm    

bOb: Please close this thread. I solved the problem by moving the pull rods closer to the body for more leverage. Thanks anyway Jeff Peterson.

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2002 6:58 pm    

Well, I just lost some more money!
See you soon Eddie!