The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bruce Zumsteg
Billy Woo

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2002 10:23 am    

Well I guess I'm repeating something that has probably been said before but I cannot say it enough "Bruce Zumsteg" You are doing a Helluva Job with Zumsteel..I have an older Zum and occasionally things go wrong but if I have a problem I can absolutely count on Mr. Zumsteg with precise and accurate problem solving advice to make my steel "New Again"..No "Brand Bashing Here" just honest admiration for a great Steel Builder. Anybody wanna buy a 1963 Jazzmaster and help finance my new order with Bruce??

Miguel e Smith

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2002 12:40 pm    

Can't help with the financing part, but I'll second the Bruce Zumsteg portions. He's helped me out of the handful of tough situations I've been in (all involving airline abuse). I do believe there are several fine guitars and guitar builders, but my choice will remain Zumsteel. Excellent people and a great product. Clips of my latest recordings (with the Zum) can be found at http://www.gatlinbros.com/products_page.htm

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2002 2:18 pm    

I played Zumsteel's for years. Bruce has and will always be one of the best STEEL GUITAR BUILDERS. Hey buddy keep building the best.
Terry Bethel
Sec/Treas OSGA

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2002 2:32 pm    

I have to get in on this one!
Bruce is the Paul Bigsby of today! This is the finest compliment I can think of.
A real craftsman,designer,thinker,etc.
Always trying to improve, but has never ever built a bad guitar. Some folks like his early ones best, I just love them all.
To be very honest, even though I'm not a dealer for him and only have used ones from time to time, I feel from the bottom of my heart that no guitar designed in the last 15 years can come close to this mans incredible steel guitar. What am I doing bragging about a competitors guitar? Just telling the truth! Good luck Bruce, keep up the great work!

Bobbe Seymour,
Dealer for:
Emmons, GFI, Fessenden, Derby,
(and any used ZUMSTEEL I can buy!)

John Hawkins

Onalaska, Tx. on Lake Livingston * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2002 3:04 pm    

Folks they don't come any better in my opinion ! That goes for both the man ( Bruce ) and the guitar he builds ( Zum ) .
I have nothing but good things to say about the both of them !!

Been with Zum since 1980 and I am only on my second one ! I played them both hard and a lot, with zero problems . My oldest and first Zum (1980 )is like a good old shoe -- "still feels good and looks good" . Just ask Mr Bill Simmons ( forum member and Steel player) He owns my first one after a fantastic re- furb job by Johnny Cox . I had tried to trace it's " U.S. TOUR " but have been unsucessful so far . I know who bought it from me but after that ??????? Until I found out that Bill had purchased it , I had given up on ever hearing about who or how many had owned it since I sold it . That is until a close friend of mine ( Tom McDonald a steel player in the Dallas area ) happened to know Bill and had known my old Zum , saw the Zum Bill had just purchased,became curious , checked the serial number with Bruce and guess what ? My old 1980 Zum !!!! I was so happy to know that Bill had it and would always take good care of it from now on .Bill has been quoted to say "it plays great" !!

Just my 2 /C$ / W

John

[This message was edited by John Hawkins on 14 October 2002 at 04:05 PM.]

Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2002 4:46 pm    

I've had Zumsteels since 1979 and I'll echo what everyone else has said. Great guitars but more importantly, a great friend. Keep it up Bruce!

------------------

Johnny Cox
So many steels, so little time.

KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2002 8:54 pm    

I said it before,and I'll say it again, Don't be a dummy, play a Zummy!!! I really like my Zum d-10,w8&5. Keep up the great work!

Joan Cox

Eustace, TX USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2002 4:23 am    

I still have my first Zum-a black D10 mica 1982 model that I wouldn't take nothing for. I also have a 1997 black D10 mica V front that was a Christmas gift to me from my Mom in 1997. I've been playing Zums since 1982 and love them very much. Bruce is the best, and I think the world of him.
Joan

[This message was edited by Joan Cox on 15 October 2002 at 05:24 AM.]

GARYPHILLIPS

SOMERSET, OHIO ,PERRY
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2002 5:29 am    

Hey Guys, Bruce is a great guy and has a great steel guitar.This is the way i see it. if i had no food in the house , and only thing i had to sale is My ZUMSTEEL.
I would look at my wife,and say, do you like rabbit

STEELIN FOR JESUS. Thanks Bruce for a great steel guitar, Gary

Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2002 5:57 am    

------------------

"I AM Z-BOY!"

Zumsteel U12 "Loafer" 8&6 :: ZB Custom D-10 Smile :: Fender Tube Amplification
www.voicenet.com/~vanallen/ :: vanallen@voicenet.com :: www.lasttrainhome.com

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2002 1:07 pm    

I've been experimenting with a number of steels the last year and although all of them are excellent in their own right, I keep going back to my '1980 Zum D-10, 8+5 that use to belong to Jack Hawkins.

Thanks Bruce for building a great steel way back then and a special thanks to the great Johnny Cox for rebuilding my '80 Zum so it plays so easy and sounds so wonderful!

My '80 Zum is a keeper! Bill Simmons, Keller, TX

FRANK MARIANO

PENSACOLA FL
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2002 10:53 pm    

I Have had my Zun now for 1& 1/2years and it is the finest steel I have ever had. I have had many major brands that are great steels but the Zum rules. When the budget is up to par I will order my second .Its worth the wait.(25 years of playing)

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2002 2:09 pm    

EDIT CORRECTION:
It is John Hawkins, not Jack Hawkins...thanks for correcting me JOHN HAWKINS...Let's get together with Tom McDonald and check out his new MSA!!

John Hawkins

Onalaska, Tx. on Lake Livingston * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2002 9:00 pm    

Bill,

Thanks for the correction and the get together with Tom sounds good to me !

regards,

John

Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2002 3:22 am    

The guitar and the man are first class, plus he is an extremely good player on stage.

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2002 5:51 am    

You can't go wrong with Bruce Zumsteg. A true craftsman and good friend! And a beautiful player if you can just get him to play for you! Click here for more: http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum5/HTML/004252.html