The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2014 12:27 am    

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc. will have the next jam session on May 4, 2014 at the William Randolph American Legion Post #593 from 2pm until 5pm. Address is 326 W. Legion, Converse, Texas. Admission is free but a donation can will be passed for to help pay for the hall rent and the remainder of the donation will be presented to the Wounded Warriors Family Center at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio. We ask all steel guitar players, dobro players, non-pedal steel players to attend no matter what your skill level may be. Please be tuned and ready to play at 2pm. The American Legion will have hamburgers available and the canteen will be open for your favorite beverage. Our featured player will be Randy Boyd from Victoria, Texas and he is great. Great steel player and very good singer. Randy(Victoria Flash) will definitely entertain you. We will have a 4 SALE OR TRADE table available and please nothing that smokes, eats, smells bad or illegal. Our band will be on board with Buddy Lee James volunteering his time to play drums and sing for us. Thank You Buddy Lee. I want to Thank all of the players and our band and our featured player for donating their time and travel at their own expense to help make these jam sessions a success. Come out and enjoy the fun..jr

Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2014 6:59 am    

Probably see you there Joe.

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2014 12:00 pm    

Roses are red,
Mullens are blue,
The jam is coming,
To Post 593 near you

Hoping to see all my friends at the jam!

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2014 7:24 pm    

Hey everyone, was really fired up at last jam. Thank you Roger and Mark and Ben and with the band for helping out on the song with Teal, Wilton, and myself on Faded Love. Roger I really heard the mating of the doves. It was GREAT on my end. Just can't wait to hear what the Victoria Flash Randy comes us with.

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 12:59 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Keep in mind our jam session is next Sunday, May 4, 2014 from 2pm til 5pm. We have lot's of fun and lot's of good Country Music...the real kind. We start at 2pm...or try to but if you're running a little late that's ok too. Don't forget our "4 SALE or TRADE" table for all equipment you may not need or want to trade for other "things" you might find interesting. Guitar cases, tuners, cds, amps, volume pedals. Please nothing that smokes, smells bad or illegal. Come join in the fun....jr

Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 5:59 pm     jam

Looking forward to some good music and fun. also looking forward to the feature music brought by randy boyd. We know it will be good!
Cheers.....

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2014 5:59 am    

It's time for the monthly San Antonio Steel Guitar Association jam. This Sunday, May 4th, we will be pickin and grinin at the American Legion in Converse (Post 593) from 2:00 until 5:00. Players should be setup and ready to go by 2:00. Our featured player this month is Randy Boyd doing some old, and some new tunes. The Legion has bar food and beverages at reasonable prices. There is also a table to sell stuff you don't need anymore, or to buy stuff you won't need after a while (but it sure is fun to look for, and find, bargains).

So come on out this Sunday and bring a few friends. We're looking forward to seeing you there.

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2014 6:23 am    

Looking forward to jamming with my friends... and it looks like motorcycle weather! I'll probably put the Frypan into E13 for the trip.

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 3 May 2014 6:31 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

I'll have the walwart for your Stroboflip. See you then and be careful My Friend....jr

Jon Logan

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2014 8:30 pm     San Antonio Steel

Is there a date for June ??? If escrow closes on time I may be a San Antone local by then !!

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2014 6:43 am     Sunday, June 1st is our next jam

Hello Jon,

Sunday, June 1st is our next get together. Chopper optional. If you send me your e-mail address, I'll add it to our e-mail distribution list. Looking forward to meeting you there.

Jon Logan

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2014 7:03 am     San Antonio Jam

Clear the LZ !! I'll try and make the meeting, Between losing the band out here last year and getting ready to move things are a little rusty ! Thanks !

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2014 7:09 pm    

Hey Jon, this is Kenny Piper. Looking forward to meeting and jamming with you, rust and all. Got a question for you. Are you related to Jackie and Collis Logan out of Hockley, Texas?