The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons P/P Rebuild by Mike Cass
LeRoy Sawyer

Walton, NY 13856
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 10:08 am    

I just received my 1974 P/P Emmons fatback D-10 with 8X5 back from Mike who did a complete rebuild and setup. All I can say is WOW! What a beautiful job he did!

Mike did everything that we agreed on, and he threw in some of his magic that just made the guitar a thing of beauty. The action is smooth as silk. It was too bad that he didn’t leave some of the Ray Price licks in there for me, but you can’t have everything.

The only way I knew Mike was from the recommendations of fellow steelers on the Forum, and they were sure right about his ability. It was a pleasure doing business with him. I have not only had a business relationship with him but have made a friend. I would not hesitate to recommend him to work on your guitar.

LeRoy

Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 12:34 pm    

Yea, Mike is amazing. I have 3 Emmons push/pulls. One of them is a '69 that Mike literally brought back to life before I owned it. It was beat and played hard and very ugly. Not only does it look like new but the mechanical mojo that Mike has is incredible. I've learned the basics of setting up a p/p and have gotten my other two feeling pretty good, but Mike has this way of making a push/pull play so smooth and quiet and easy I'm just astounded. I got to meet him in St. Louis this year too. Great guy!

Brad Sarno
Emmons p/p: '66, '69, '84

Jay Ganz

Out Behind The Barn
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2002 7:28 am    

He's definitely one guy you can trust
with those old "classics"!!!

------------------
Push/Pull Video Clip

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2002 4:50 pm    

Many players here can attest to Mike's abilities as a repairman of pedal steel guitars-I guess we may have forgotten what a great set up job he can do on DOBROS-Having learned "black bag" set up tricks from the late John Dopyera and the late Gene Wooten-Cass can really make em sing-FIREBALL