The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  CA: Cloverdale Music Workshop - Would You Attend?
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2014 11:27 pm    

I attend the Cloverdale Music Workshop every other Wednesday. We're thinking of ways to expand the event. My idea is a regular steel guitar workshop/jam event.

It would probably be a 2 hour session, one evening a month. Are there enough steel players around to make it happen? Would you show up? If we consistently had half a dozen players, I would consider it a success.

Cloverdale is about 30 miles north of Santa Rosa, and 30 miles south of Ukiah, right on highway 101. I know it's pretty far for just about everyone on a weeknight. What do you think?

www.cloverdaleartsalliance.org

Gary Roda

Stockton, California USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 9:24 am    

Bobby,

I would love to attend; it would be a toughy to make the trip up from Stockton on a Wednesday, but I am game to give it a try!

I had a great time hanging out with you at the Men of Steel party in Berkley a while back, and would really like to do more of that.

Please keep me posted as the plan develops!

dlaurice

Yorkville, CA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2014 10:30 pm    

Why not? I keep threatening to come anyway. I always seem to remember about 7 pm Wednesday evenings, and then I am not even sure that it is the right Wednesday.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2014 10:39 pm    

Tonight (April 30) is acoustic night at the Cloverdale Music Workshop. Bring a dobro or a ukulele or even an accordion. We start at 7 PM.

dlaurice

Yorkville, CA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2014 8:08 am    

Thanks b0b. Unfortunately tonight I have a date with the Stanley Cup playoffs. What I have never understood is how the dates are determined. Is it just every other Wednesday, alternating between acoustic and electric? The fact that this is an uncommon 5th Wednesday of the month suggests that it is not something like 1st and 3d or 2d and 4th Wed. Or do I just need to check the website?

dlaurice

Yorkville, CA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2014 8:08 am    

Thanks b0b. Unfortunately tonight I have a date with the Stanley Cup playoffs. What I have never understood is how the dates are determined. Is it just every other Wednesday, alternating between acoustic and electric? The fact that this is an uncommon 5th Wednesday of the month suggests that it is not something like 1st and 3d or 2d and 4th Wed. Or do I just need to check the website?

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2014 8:45 am    

I would be up for attending some of these, particularly the acoustic with a dobro, since my pedal steel playing is "not ready for prime time" on the electric nights.

Wednesdays are going to be iffy depending on my schedule. I've stepped down as the leader with my church band here in Windsor and have reduced my participation to playing on Sundays twice per month, but we have rehearsals on Wed. evenings, and I'm "on" for the band this week.