The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Air Force Academy Band Vocalist
Jeff Valentine

Colorado Springs, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2014 10:35 am    

Hi guys,

I'm posting this here in the hopes that some of you know a great male vocalist looking for a good gig. Our vocalist is leaving in June, and they're having an audition for a new one. I've included the link with information on the audition requirements. The second link is of some of our new tunes where you can hear the vocalist who's leaving. Please help me get the word out. It's a great job for whoever wins it. We get a lot of singers out who can't sing pop music, and I don't want to get stuck with one of them……. Feel free to email or message me with any questions. Thanks to everyone for your help.

http://www.usafacademyband.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140328-077.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/59mkg1q1nxsn2nf/ymzUrpp_TZ

Scott McCumber

New Braunfels, TX
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2014 8:29 pm     Leaving It Behind

Hey Jeff I don't have a name for the vocalist but I was wondering if you had the Steel Intro tabbed for Leaving It Behind. I like it a lot.

On another note did you take lessons from Dick Meis back in 2008

Jeff Valentine

Colorado Springs, USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2014 5:58 pm    

Scott,

Thanks. I did take some lessons from Dick when I first started. He and Louis are really sweet people. I don't really do tab much anymore. It's a super easy intro. It really only uses strings 5 6 and 8. There's one note that's on string 7, but that's it. It starts on the 12th fret on string 5 with the A pedal down. Then it immediately goes down to the 7th fret where it mostly stays. Then it goes back up to the 12th fret with A pedal down and releasing it. Then to the 10th fret with the E Lever engaged. Then to to the 7th fret using the A pedal. Then it ends on the 5th fret going from the A pedal and releasing it while you engage the E lever. If you really want it tabbed out I can do it for you, just let me know.

-Jeff

Jeff Valentine

Colorado Springs, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2014 9:00 am    

Help me out!! This deadline for applications is fast approaching and we don't have a lot of choices….. It's a good job with a good band. I've included a short clip of us on the Grand Ole Opry back in March. I'm happy to answer any questions about the job. We don't want to get stuck with a bad singer, so please help…...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_apDVg6_cGY

Thanks, Jeff

Phil Vandel

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2014 8:49 am    

What are the age requirements for the Air Force?

Jeff Valentine

Colorado Springs, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2014 12:27 pm    

You've got to be younger than 35 to get in. The audition packet was due a few days ago. We only got a few, and they're all R&B singers. They'll probably hire one and put them in the rock band, moving one of the female singers to our band. On well, I tried....