The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Excited about Seymour's new tuning
John Knight

Alaska
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 9:05 am    

Ok I didn't dump my other 3 knee levers but I did put the changes on the levers that Bobbe suggested in is 2 knee lever setup. Did I find a lot of stuff, single string runs and chords and it all fit with the floor pedal combinations. Now add the G# to G on RKL and the B to A# on the LKV and the E to F on LKL (Emmons setup) and you have a chord makin machine. Anyway I was up way to late playing with this new setup and I wanted to Thank Bobbe for sharing.

------------------
D 10 Thomas with 8&6, '61'D-10 Sho-Bud 8&4
S12 Knight 4&4
Nashville 400 and Profex II
81' Fender Twin JBL's
Asleep at the Steel

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 9:31 am    

I understand that Bobbe himself still has 5 levers on his main guitar. I don't see the F lever fading from popularity anytime soon.

Adding a 7th string double-raise to the lever that lowers the 2nd and 9th strings is not a bad idea. It adds a lot of nice chords and licks to the E9th tuning.

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic) Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6)

John Knight

Alaska
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 10:50 am    

You know Bobby I went round and round with the maj7 chord with the A&B pedals in the down position for years. Always rolling of the B pedal to get the sound but no root. Now you can grab the full chord. Its a nice change.

------------------
S12 Knight 4&4
81' Fender Twin JBL's
Asleep at the Steel

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 11:15 am    

I get a nice major 7 chord with the A&B pedals. Two frets up from the open position on strings 5, 6, 7, and 9. The root is on 9.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 5:39 pm    

Guy`s,Bobbe has a few guitars in his store with only two knee levers.He needs to sell them and that`s how he come up with that idea about two knee`s.He is like a lamb in wolf skin or was that a wolf in the lamb skin or maybe was a Bobbe in lamb skin or, well,whatever.
Damir

------------------
http://hometown.aol.com/damirzanne/damirzanne1.html

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 6:35 pm    

What are the two levers you are talking about?
Thanks, Jerry

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 9:36 pm    

Damir, good idea , but WRONG!
I really don't see the need to give up the E to F knee, naturally, however, as I have proven, and do so every night I play the "Palace", one can very nicely make a lot of money and do well with out it. Do I ever recommend taking it off if it is on the guitar already? Of course not! Bobby Lee you big dummy! Can't you understand this? ( you know I'm funnin' with you again) Seriously? don't take off the E to F, but it is very possible to get along fine with out it.For every one but -bOb- that is! Actually, I have the E to F knee on my Sho-Bud and my Emmons, I just have it folded up most of the time.
Bobby Lee, who made you your "bootleg" copy of that tape anyway? As little as I sell them for it seems like you would have given me the money! Did they give you a dozen .011 strings with it? I would have. I think you lost money! Call me next time, Or call my "only other employee". Why do I enjoy you so much? Are you really a "closet comedian" , Your as funny as Earnest Bovine and Pat Burns, (almost).
Anyway, thank you -bOb-, I still love your forum. I better, Iv'e loaded a lot of your hard drives over the years.
Hardly Driveloader III

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 12 June 2002 at 10:46 PM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 9:48 pm    

Jerry Roller, Where have you been hiding? You want to know the answer? Buy the video!
Your oooooold buddy,
-bObbe- sEYmour

Jeff Peterson

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2002 9:52 pm    

b0b, sorry, Bobbe has no 'main guitar'. I've built his last 10 and every one gets prettier and has less 'stuff' on it. I've also seem him run out the door with nothing but an old ShoBud single 12 amp and a Gibson console that, I know, didn't even have a string change on it. I'd find out where he was playing and sneak in...and the son of a gun was pickin' stuff to die for. You are confusing the guitar he has owned the longest with the guitar he uses the most. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen that '71 push-pull in months....so, I know he hasn't been taking it on jobs. I've seen that if you want to see Bobbe have some fun.....put a guitar in front of him that he's never seen before....and ever better, one that most people say 'doesn't work or sound right'. That's when he really shines, 'cause of all the players I know, he is one that believes that all instruments have a voice and should be played. Besides, he's complelely out of his mind and I love him like a brother, or sister, or an aunt twice removed.....or someone I just met on the plane, or.........

David Weaver

Aurora, CO USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2002 7:26 am    

I'm just a hobby player, but what impressed me the most about Bobbe is when he said that he would grab a Maverick because he didn't want to damage an expensive guitar on the airplane and go do shows.

All the angst and long topics that go on about tunings, pedals, how much travel on the B pedal vs the A pedal,etc. It is fun to hear from someone who grabs a cheap guitar going out the door and can have confidence in their performance on a professional stage.

You can't help but think that Bobbe has confidence, and he has fun. I want to be like Bobbe...

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2002 8:01 am    

David,
You'll be OK, once the fever breaks. Maybe a little weak for a few days, but you'll be OK.....

Bobby Lee

Post  Posted 13 Jun 2002 8:41 am    

No bootleg, Bobbe. I borrowed it from a friend, watched it, then returned it. That's legal, no?

Mrs. Lee watched it too. She wants to know what you do for a living.

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic) Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6)

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 13 Jun 2002 12:04 pm    

Bobby Lee! About the time Mike Weirauch fades out and Jody Carver fades out, here you come to give me the laughs I truly deserve. If I could only find Les Campbell.
She wants to know what I do for a living? What makes her think I'm living?
Thank you for a great forum -bOb-.
Bobbe Sleezmore

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 13 June 2002 at 01:05 PM.]

John Knight

Alaska
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2002 3:48 pm    

Sir Robert,
How did your wedding go? I got a stange email from a lady that works with your x. The one that plays fiddle. She wanted to know all about the new Mrs. Anyway I don't know much myself so I hade very little to tell her.

I like the new knee lever layout and its working out just fine. Looking forward to seeing you in October.

------------------
S12 Knight 4&4
81' Fender Twin JBL's
Asleep at the Steel

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 14 Jun 2002 10:21 pm    

Hummmmmmmm, I wonder,

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 20 June 2002 at 09:45 PM.]

Bobby Lee

Post  Posted 15 Jun 2002 4:57 pm    

Quote:
What makes her think I'm living?
Actually, her other comment was, "He looks so life-like."

jim milewski

stowe, vermont
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2002 4:22 am    

bOb maybe you should move this to humor, this is so precious, confirms my belief that steel players are actually out of work comedians, as for bobbe being lifelike his undertaker did a marvelous job....dead men pickin

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2002 5:31 am    

Quote:
his undertaker did a marvelous job....dead men pickin

Now we know why Mike Weirauch shows up at his shop every morning."MAKEUP'!!!!!
Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 20 Jun 2002 8:47 pm    

If I'm not dead, I will be soon cuz you guys are KILLING ME!!!!

Steven Knapper

Temecula Ca USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2002 10:21 pm    

You can't die yet, I still want that special guitar I hope you got your eye (s) out looking for!!! It's going to be handed down to my Grandson, so YOU CAN'T DIE NOW, OR ANYTIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE, dangit. And have that nice office mgr. email me again, I'm soooo lonely!!