The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Frankenseat
Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 May 2002 4:57 pm    

Here's an idea for you seat builders.How about a seat with a back and a
3 or 4 space rack
on the side facing up.A 3 door with a front
cover that was flush with the back when down.
All ac connections and spkr line outs. Wheels on one side with a luggage handle pull
up.Of course in the finish of your axe. Oh yea a cooler filled with the beverage of choice.

Or not.

[This message was edited by Chuck McGill on 29 May 2002 at 06:02 PM.]

Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2002 6:09 pm    

How about a drawer that pulls out instead of having to stand up and open the seat to get at stuff.

That's what another picker at a gig suggested recently.

It would probably end up like the 2nd drawer in my kitchen... Can't get it open cuz it's too crammed full of stuff!

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2002 7:43 pm    

Pete, I saw one in Knoxville a few years back
that had one drawer under the vol. pedal compartment I think but, I don't remember the name. Apparently it never made it ,I've never seen any advertisements for it.

Tony

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2002 5:54 am    

Chuck,
You're a genius! I'm heading for my little shop now !! I prob'ly won't do the drawer thing, though, it's going to be heavy enough as is.

------------------

Doug Earnest
The only Zum Keyless U12, Zum2000U12,Sierra12,Sho-Bud ProII D10 PV DPC 750 ProFex 112E, Fender Cyber Twin

Ernie Renn

Brainerd, Minnesota USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2002 12:09 pm    

Phil Baugh had a double wide Case-Seat back when they were in business. It was like a pac-a-couch. He had effects in one side and sat on the other. The top was still normally hinged and he'd have it open to get to the effects. He had the leg tips bent over to make it a little shorter. (It was those legs you squeeze together to put up and down.) Problem was it was kinda heavy, similar to a steel guitar.
An effects rack would be cool to have and would be mighty handy, but it'd probably be a "drag" to carry it around.

------------------
My best,
Ernie

The Official Buddy Emmons Website
www.buddyemmons.com

Wayne Morgan

Rutledge, TN, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2002 10:36 pm    

No joke,,
I have a seat-case coming, from Richard Lee at Flytecase, Has lots of storage, and a seat cushion that pops off and stores inside the case for transit. Should have it next week.

------------------
Wayne Morgan
BMI D10 8x8, Nash 400,'63 Fender Super Reverbe,and '71 telecaster custom

Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2002 3:11 am    

hang on guys the steeler's royale is coming...but there's alot of enginering to be figured out 1st..... i can however give you the options that will come standerd on the royale...here goes...2" longer& 2" wider than a normal seat, wheels on one side and a pull out handle on the other, automatic lite that comes on when you open the lid,2 rack spaces, steeler's tool kit,4 fully ajustable legs,color matched to your guitar,more compartments inside for storage,with or without 2 different styles of back rest (your choice lumbar or full),and all the polished trim you could want...now with that all said there is a give and take situation...unfortunately it's weight and price...so we are building a proto type.when it is finished we will be offering the royale on a special order only basis because of the time it takes to build one and the cost of building one. so please let me know if you would be interested in a royale so i can get some feedback....PLEASE NOTE are standard seats are so well made that it takes 3 weeks to make one, so please keep this in mind when you order a royale as this seat will take a little longer
thanks

wayne brown
c/o out west pac-seats

[This message was edited by Wayne Brown on 01 June 2002 at 04:12 AM.]

[This message was edited by Wayne Brown on 01 June 2002 at 04:13 AM.]

[This message was edited by Wayne Brown on 01 June 2002 at 04:14 AM.]