Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 11:12 am     photos

Very Happy

Last edited by Bob Poole on 19 Jan 2014 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 12:26 pm     say what

Milling machine with chip going everywhere.

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 21 Feb 2014 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 12:50 pm    

Quote:
BUMP Administrator,Mr Hudson has stated to me in private msg. that he would like photos of the Mellotone items/guitar removed from my post since he owns the rights to them.

Bob P. - you should be able to edit your post(s) and remove the images yourself. Just click Edit on the post and remove all the [img] ... [/img] tags.

I think we should start all over again on this. It doesn't sound like Jimmie is hiding anything here. Jimmie - try to understand that there's a lot of skepticism here about steels on ebay, and sometimes for good reason. But I think this went too far, with information not based on actual knowledge.

I personally would like to see more detailed photos of these steels. This forum is, quite seriously, one of if not the most important marketplaces for steel guitars in the world. I think we need more serious steel builders, not less. If there's anybody new out there building a solid $500 6-string/2-pedal pedal steel, I think it would be very useful to know all about it.

Just my opinions, I'm really not trying to start a ruckus.

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 4:04 pm    

I couldn't have put it better, Dave. We need more builders of quality pedal steels. We don't need to discourage them.

Chris Sattler

Hunter Valley, Australia
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 10:29 pm    

Why doesn't someone near to Jimmie just go and check his product out? it really isn't fair to bag him out like this. Here's a bloke making steels. Who wishes they own a Tucker car?

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2014 4:05 am    

BTW, Bob, it is NOT illegal to put up pictures of guitars or even patented parts for the purpose of discussing them.
Mr. Hudson, it does not serve your purposes to tell people that discussing your guitars (or sharing pictures thereof) is illegal. In fact, it is NOT illegal to discuss a product, including sharing pictures thereof. Even if the images were copyrighted, that EXACTLY fits the doctrine of Fair Use.
If you feel your guitars are being slandered/libeled, your best bet is to post quality pictures refuting the allegations/insinuations. To attempt to shut down debate makes one look like a shyster.
I agree with Chris, we should ENCOURAGE builders of these instruments, rather than discourage them.

Last edited by Lane Gray on 20 Jan 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2014 10:54 am    

yes i think we'd all love to see pictures of the underneath of all the different styles of your steels, 'jimmie'. especially the 2 pedal six string.

where is your shop and when would be a good time to come over and give these babies a 'test drive'?
is today good?

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2014 11:03 am    

chris ivey wrote:
...Where is your shop and when would be a good time to come over and give these babies a 'test drive'?
Is today good?

You're going to drive from Sacramento to North Carolina? Oh Well
I hope your Lear Jet is ready on the tarmac and warmed up. Winking

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2014 12:04 pm    

i'll do whatever necessary for the best steel guitar on the planet!

Joe Stoddard

Corning, NY area (USA)
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2014 8:53 pm    

Quote:
... but it's not fruadulent to buy a Fender guitar and put your own label on it.

No problem putting your sticker on it if you're just playing it. If you're *selling* something and claiming to be the creator when another party actually holds the intellectual property (IP)rights (trade, copyright, patents, etc) - you could get yourself in a deep tub of hot water. I'm not sure it's even OK to have photographs published with your label on something without permission of the original IP holders. Remember -Fender had a dealership relationship with Sho-bud. If I'm following this thread correctly, someone is just sticking their name on someone else's build and claiming it's theirs on eBay? That's no different IMO than the current avalanche of Chinese "Gibson" guitars that is hitting the market - $300 POS "Chibsons' with inferior everything... (worth $30) masquerading as $3000 Les Pauls. There is an endless debate among people (mostly kids, and blow-gasses) who don't see why it's a problem for some sweatshop in China to put "Gibson" on their guitars (not to mention copying them down to the "Made in USA" on the back of the peghead).

Todd Monroe

Queen City of the Ozark Mountains
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2017 7:02 pm    

You know, the SGF isn't the same without chris ivey.