The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Email address for "Emmons Guitars by Lashley"?
Peter

Post  Posted 27 Apr 2002 11:21 pm    

Hi, does anyone have the email address for "Emmons Guitars by Lashley"?
I did not find it searching for this address.

Thanks in advance.
Peter

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2002 2:08 am    

Here 'tis...
http://www.emmonsguitar.com/

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2002 7:20 am    

That website is a disgrace.

It's been a mere shell with the same info for as long as I can remember -- saying "more to come soon". "Soon" never arrived under the previous regime and I have my doubts about the current one. A high school student could design a more effective web presence for the premiere steel guitar company in the world.

All I've found that they've added was a quote from Buddy where they misspelled one or more words in his quote. Buddy doesn't usually misspell, so it was probably carelessness on the webmaster's part. Certainly doesn't put the Emmons company's best foot forward, in my opinion.

Sorry for the rant. It's just so easy to do it right or find someone who will take pride in their website.

------------------
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
2000 Fessenden S-12 8x8, 1969 Emmons S-12 6x6, 1971 Emmons D-10 9x9, 1971 Dobro

Peter

Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 11:39 am    

Thanks guys, but that site does not work. I tried the form, but the email got returned.
Does Emmons still exist? If so, does anyone have an email address, not a website?
Thanks
Peter

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 11:48 am    

Link works fine for me (it's just a crappy website )
Here's the contact info:
Emmons Guitar Company, Inc.
1771 East Webb Ave
Burlington, NC 27216-1366
Phone: 336/227-2782
Fax: 336/222-1911

Unfortunately, they didn't list an EMail address for the company.

------------------

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 2:03 pm    

I wish you guys would cut Ron Jr. a little slack. He's trying to make a go of it with Emmons and I'm sure he will have the time and money to improve his site after you each buy a new pedal steel from him.
Uff-Da!

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 2:34 pm    

I'd love to, Erv
Problem is I play a 12-string guitar and Emmons Co. haven't made one in 20 yrs or more. I would love to have a 12-string LeGrande III. Maybe you can use your influence with them to get them to make 12-strings, like every other brand of pedal steel on the planet.

And I think Ron Jr has had PLENTY of time to make the website worthy of the Emmons name.

My personal opinion.

------------------

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 4:53 pm    

I absolutely love the guitar that the Emmons Company is in business building and could care less how great they are at producing a modern website. Wow, that felt good!!
Jerry

Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 6:03 pm    

I talked to Ron and Rebecca Lashley last Friday, ordered a couple of parts that I needed for my D-10 Legrande 2, got it today. That's a big improvement from what it once was. Ron and Rebecca have been under the gun for a while now, and have certainly taken a beating for what "usta" be. I wonder if any one else could get back up after all the reorganizing they had to do while trying to clean up somebody else's mess and continue to build a fantastic instrument at the same time. I really love to hear somebody that don't even play a certain brand of steel bash somebody else that does. Maybe you played an Emmons once, but if you don't now that's your problem. If you want to bash someone, try the Taliban, or homicide bombers.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 6:13 pm    

I agree with Jerry Roller 100%. Last Monday, I UPS'd two dead pickups, standard ground rate from Texas, to Ron Jr. to rewind. I got the call this afternoon that they were repaired and sent out this morning. I think they are working their little butts off there and the website is something on one of the back burners, maybe on the stove that's out in the shed.

Ron has called me three times in the last couple of days about these pickups, and if that ain't service, I don't know what is.

Not that caring about the pickers is exclusive to the Lashley's; I get excellent service from Jerry Fessenden as well. But Jerry doesn't do his own website either... and maybe getting a steel company restarted has its own set of priorities, like getting guitars built and parts orders filled, and paying for that kind of stuff, before a website for the benefit of info-browsers and tire-kickers gets going. It's necessary, and I'm sure there will be a website eventually.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 8:01 pm    

Frankly there are a number of great steel companies -- Zum Steel for one -- that don't have a website and no one is critical of that! Emmons was -- is -- and will always be a great guitar. As I said before, Ron and Rebecca are truly doing there best to improve the Emmons Company. In fact, it has been a pleasant surprise that a number of players (many are very fine players)I've talked to in the last few months are looking at going back to playing the Emmons!! Let's applaud all the Steel Guitar companies and wish them well.

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2002 8:12 pm    

All I said is they have a crappy website and I will stand by that one. I never bashed their product or their service. I do well enough sticking my foot in my mouth. You don't have to do it for me.

And I DO play Emmons guitars and love them dearly, but I DO wish they made a 12-string so I could play a new one.

I'm glad to hear the parts ordering has improved. I know from personal experience it was an area that needed improvement. Good to hear Ron Jr. is getting a handle on it. I still think that being able to browse a parts catalog and order them online would be a boon to their business.

Bill S, can you name another steel manufacturer who has no website? Especially one that's not a 'one man shop'?????

In retrospect, perhaps I didn't state the case very diplomatically.

------------------

[This message was edited by Larry Bell on 29 April 2002 at 09:17 PM.]

Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 3:50 am    

When i ordered my parts, I requested a catalog. I recieved it in a separate envelope ; a brand new 02-03 slick little catalog, very well done.
These folks are really working at it, friends. Give em time, the website will be running soon asap. I'd still rather have quality steels and parts to begin with.

------------------
"Steel guitar is where it are"

Jay Ganz

Out Behind The Barn
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 6:44 am    

Ron's just a great guy to deal
with period. I sent him an
old '76 dual-coil pickup to be
rewound & since he hadn't done
one of those in years, he had to make
up a special jig in order to do it.
It took a little time, but he did go
thru the trouble just to get it done for me.

[This message was edited by Jay Ganz on 30 April 2002 at 07:46 AM.]

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2002 8:23 am    

I mentioned Emmon's web site to Ernie who takes care of the official Buddy Emmons web site and he said that Ron Jr. will be working to improve the site but right now he's got his hands full. Be patient, please!
Uff-Da!

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 1 May 2002 4:59 pm    

Just took a shot not long ago to call the Emmons factory on a Saturday afternoon about 4:30..Sure enough Ron answered, and talked with me...was there building guitars. Probably building and servicing is his first priority now...as it should be...web sites will just have to wait...In his shoes I would do the samething. I will buy my next guitar from him (and I already have three he built.)

Rex Blevins

Jenks, Oklahoma USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2002 3:19 am    

I just received a new Legrande II last night. I must tell you that this is my fourth and is by far the BEST ONE... I am impressed. Not only is Ron Jr. and Rebecca a pleasure to deal with, he does everything he says he will do. I could not be happier and given time, he will succeed..

Tony Orth

Evansville, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2002 5:08 am    

Rex,
You're making my mouth water. My LeGrande II is due in 2-3 weeks. Ron said they're awaiting necks and heads from the supplier.
It's been a bit of a wait, but I know I'm going to love it!
Tony

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2002 6:22 am    

I have a black LeGrande II and it doesn't get any better than this!
Erv