The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tony @ The Emmons factory
David Mullis

Rock Hill, SC
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2002 4:15 pm    

I've been playing an Emmons original for about 2 years now and I absolutely love this guitar. I've been pretty happy with the action too but I had always suspected that the pedal action could be made a little smoother. I had been up in DC all last week working and while I was there I called the Emmons factory, mainly to see if they had any parts for the older guitars. While I was on the phone with them I found out that they had a push pull mechanic working there by the name of Tony. I decided to stop by there on my way home just to see what improvements (if any) could be made. Tony took a look at my guitar and said that everything was pretty much and the guitar just need some minor adjustments. Within about 30 minutes or so, Tony was finished and had my guitar sitting on the floor and plugged into an amp just waiting to be test driven. all I can say is WOW! what a difference. The pedal action was alot smoother and the mechanics seemed quieter too. If you're ever in that area and need to have anything done to your P/P, I highly recommend that you give this guy a call. He builds new guitars there during the day and works on the Originals in his spare time. It was easy to see that even though this guy isn't a player, he loves these old guitars. Ron Jr and all the rest of the folks there were very helpful and friendly too!

Take Care
David

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2002 4:35 pm    

I have been up to Emmons several times, and have seen Ron Jr. at several shows...He is very interested in the guitar, helping, and being involved. He had always been a great builder of guitars, and seems to be settling into the business end of it. Let remember he is the one that has built great guitars for years, lets give him a little time to settle into the business end of it. It seems that he is really making progress.

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2002 5:50 am    

If you're nowhere near the Emmons factory and would like to improve your push-pull, check out my site. http://www.cadvision.com/laceyj/index.html

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2002 9:07 am    

I've had several conversations with Ron and Rebecca Lashley when they were at the Texas Steel Guitar Convention and the company is coming back stronger. They are working very hard in turning it around and am very glad to hear it. In fact, I just got another old LeGrande and it sounds great! I wish all steel guitar companies to do well.