The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cubic Zirconia Bars
Jetdrivr

Jacksonville FL
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2002 7:04 am    

Anyone remember the bars that Bill Stafford made years ago from this material....I really want one...Does ANYONE know where I can find find one? He says Buddy bought 3 of them...Im afraid to ask him.....LOL

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2002 1:53 pm    

I have been looking for a 12 string bar of this type. Please contact me if anyone knows where I can acquire one.

[This message was edited by Len Amaral on 24 March 2002 at 01:53 PM.]

[This message was edited by Len Amaral on 26 March 2002 at 03:54 PM.]

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2002 7:42 pm    

Jetdrivr, please sign your real name at the bottom of your posts. See http://steelguitarforum.com/agree.html

Thanks

[This message was edited by Bobby Lee on 26 March 2002 at 08:41 AM.]

Jetdrivr

Jacksonville FL
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2002 7:49 am    

Bob could you send me a link to find one of these bars?......LOL.....Cant find one of these either........
Mickey Adams
HWP,N400s,FliesFast

[This message was edited by Jetdrivr on 26 March 2002 at 07:49 AM.]

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2002 8:10 am    

Mike Perlowin had one of these bars at TSGA, and I tried out Herb Remington's bar at his booth.

It is a great bar, small, light and ultra-smooth. Much easier to use than a standard tone bar (which fatigues my left hand after hours of playing).

Bill Stafford says he quit making them, but they seem to be really popular with the professional players.

Drew Howard

------------------
www.newslinkassociates.com
www.drewhoward.com

RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2002 1:57 pm    

A VERY STUPID QUESTION, Guys,.......Is this Bar you speak of like a GLASS bar that you can see through?.....I have one, had it for years, (With about 30 different bars-in-a-box) If I remember right, someone told me that it was an old Sho-Bud bar. I did some trading in Nebraska for it back in the 80s'. This bar is one SMOOTH pup. Covers 10 strings quite well. I forgot I had the thing until reading this post. I MUST dig it out and use it. I KNOW EVERYBODY is just gonna bug me to death about selling it. Heck, Guys, I don't even know what it is worth. SOMEONE tell me. Come to think of it.......I better see WHAT ALL I DO HAVE. Not long ago,(before my car wreck in Nov.)I sold A LOT of stuff to JIm Smith in Texas. Anyway, let me know what kind of slick bar I have.
Regards,
Ron

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2002 8:20 pm    

Drew is correct. I had one at the show, which Jody Sanders gave me. (See my thread in Steel Players that somnething strange happened.)

The bars are not transparent, They are milk white, And they are supposed to be indestructable.

I have a clear glass bar at home. The 2 bars are about equally smooth, but of course the glass one is fragile and will shatter if it;s dropped.

Bill Stafford and Ed Packard made only about 150 of these. They no nonger have access to the facilities to make more, but Bill says that if there is enough interest he will find new facilities.

The Jim Dunlop company, which makes tone bars anyway, is toying with the idea of making these bars, but has not yet decided.

Jimmie Misenheimer

Bloomington, Indiana - U. S. A.
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2002 2:42 am    

If they still make them, you can get a "Clayton" glass bar from any music store that deals with "Harris - Teller", out of Chicago. Mine is not "Pyrex", and I'm sure is breakable. I found that my glass bar works VERY well with my "Dobro" patch in my "Pro-Fex". Not quite as much sustain, yet more than my hardwood bar. Later... Jimmie