The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Telonics NEO 8 ohm, 12 Inch Speaker Released
Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2018 11:37 am    

It is my impression that Telonics has discontinued the 12”, 8 ohm neo and only offers it in 4 ohms now.

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2018 8:03 pm     Incorrect assumption

Tom, there has never been a discussion or even a thought of discontinuing our speakers here at Telonics.

If such a rumor is circulating somewhere, it is incorrect.

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2018 12:51 pm     8 ohms

Dave. As you know, I love Telonics speakers and use them a lot. I’m talking about the 12” 8-ohm speaker only. That’s the title of this thread.

If you go to this web page you will see a statement that says only 4-ohm speakers are presently available. Will that change? Will you offer 8-ohm speakers again?

http://www.telonics.com/products/proaudio/speakers-enclosures.php

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2018 4:16 pm     No breaks in production of Telonics TSNEO12-8 speakers

Tom thanks for looking into this.
That web page data is very old; in fact it seems to be a page that was put up before the introduction of the TSNEO 12-8, and, now that I look at it, I am reminded that much of the information on the pro audio line is out of date.
Accordingly, if anyone needs any current information it is best to just contact our labs through Sophie at sophie@telonics.com

In the way of an abbreviated background, we first designed and started production of the TSNEO 15-4 for our initial TCA500 Combo amplifiers quite a few years ago.

After about a year, we brought out the TSNEO 12-4 in order to produce a 12" version of the Combo amp.

It was a full year or two after that when we decided to add a Super 212 Combo amp (which required two 12-8 speakers). As a result, we then developed the TSNEO12-8 version of our driver, and it, as well as the other two speakers have been in continuous production ever since.

I'm afraid we spend far more time on R&D and customer support than we do on web pages, they are often considerably behind current developments and models, but we think the time is better spent in this manner and we can't do it all.

So when I made my statement about our Telonics speakers all being available, I referred to all three models, I wasn’t aware of this web page.

We do have other speaker developments on-going in parallel with pickup up work and other projects, but they are a vastly new departure from past technologies and we are a good year out on these designs. Even when new designs are completed, we have no plans to discontinue the present TSNEO speakers, we test continually and we have found no speaker to equal the performance of the TSNEO series in our TCA500 Combo amplifiers (the current Combo amplifier model is a TCA500C).

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2018 4:36 pm    

BTW, I really love the TSNEO 12-8 in this amp. Very lovely for pedal and non-pedal steel. I’ve played many gigs with this little 20W amp.